Glory picks up Man Overboard

I just wanted to share this great story that we witnessed firsthand on our cruise:

https://www.cnn.com/2018/07/02/americas/cruise-ship-rescue-trnd/index.html

We left Miami on Saturday, June 30 and Sunday was our first sea day. Early afternoon we heard shouts of Man Overboard! A staff member is credited with reporting the man in the ocean, but many passengers did as well. The ship slowed down, turned around and a life boat was sent out to the man's location. He was a crew member from an NCL ship and had been in the water for almost an entire day. The seas had been very calm which I'm sure factored in to his survival along with perhaps a higher power :halo:.

I'd followed the story of the NCL crewmember "lost at sea" with the Coast Guard calling off the search. Then a day later the reports that he'd been rescued by Carnival, and was hoping someone from that sailing would be on here to share their experiences!

We were on that cruise also, my 12 year old daughter and I had gone out on our balcony to enjoy the view. We were on deck 9 in cabin 9218 (6 balconies from front of ship on the port side) We heard someone yelling and thought it was someone from a deck above us, we soon realized it was the wrong direction to be from ship and noticed him in the water waving his arms and yelling. It took a few seconds to comprehend that we were actually seeing that and yelled to my husband there was a man in the water to call someone. He called the ships 911 and reported man overboard. When he was on the phone he said someone in the background said something about a man overboard being reported on another call. The staff on the Glory handled the situation well. Kudos to them! It was the craziest and scariest thing I have witnessed on a cruise. We are grateful he will be OK. We just hope he gets any help he may need.

Last week the reports were that he'd jumped (at least this is what it looked like on the videos). Once he was rescued, however, the story changed to him falling overboard.

I think it's likely that he jumped, but the media is trying to be kind now that he's been found alive.