Glory more similar to Pride or Liberty or either?

mlbcruiser

We have sailed on the Carnival Liberty and Pride in years past. Most recently we sailed on the Breeze but that’s when she was a new ship. (She was also, by far, our favorite Carnival ship but I know the Glory will be nothing like her. ☹️)

I also noticed that the glory was refurbished in 2017. Hoping that meant nice new beds and linens and some other nice things.

Thank you for any replies.

Thanks a bunch for this info. From pictures I’d say the Glory’s decor is a little bit “ agitated”-looking IMO. However, if we go on the Glory it will be for the itinerary. (Do like Carnival’s pizza though! 😉 Decent enough for cruise ship pizza.)

From your titling, I assume you mean 'layout' of ship? The Glory is the same as the Liberty and a completely different "Class" of ship from the Pride. The layout is different as is the size of the ships. Some folks prefer the layout to the Pride class over the Liberty class of ship due to the galley cutting into the ability of walking straight back to the MDR (on Liberty). Personally we prefer the Conquest (Liberty) class of ship. It is personal opinion of course.

• 4 weeks later...
I have always liked the stadium seating in this class of ships. Something I wish they had implemented in the Dream class.

th?id=OIP.Esy3IhSkkEg2H9qDt9DxgAHaE8&w=281&h=187&c=7&o=5&dpr=1.25&pid=1.7

Agreed. One of the reasons we really like the Conquest Class ships.

We have sailed on the Carnival Liberty and Pride in years past. Most recently we sailed on the Breeze but that’s when she was a new ship. (She was also, by far, our favorite Carnival ship but I know the Glory will be nothing like her. ☹️)

I also noticed that the glory was refurbished in 2017. Hoping that meant nice new beds and linens and some other nice things.

Did you prefer Liberty or Pride? Personally I like the Spirit class (Pride) better than Conquest class (Liberty, Glory etc). But one of the reasons is 2000 passengers vs the 3000+ on the other. If you like Breeze, the you probably like the larger ships with more bells and whistles and people.

Glory and Liberty should be a very similar experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 2 months later...

Several of you reference that Glory is a Conquest Class ship, but for some reason I thought Conquest had its own unique layout.  We were not impressed with the Conquest layout.  Would Glory be the same?  Conquest had several places where it felt “bottle necked,” like people couldn’t get through very well.

On 8/1/2018 at 9:28 AM, BoDidly said:

I have always liked the stadium seating in this class of ships. Something I wish they had implemented in the Dream class.

We too prefer the stadium tiers on the Conquest Class.  We like the open air feeling.   On the Dream, Vista Class the Lido deck seemed closed in to us.  

On 8/1/2018 at 9:28 AM, BoDidly said:

th?id=OIP.Esy3IhSkkEg2H9qDt9DxgAHaE8&w=281&h=187&c=7&o=5&dpr=1.25&pid=1.7

From a viewpoint standard, I agree with the stadium seating. But, when I need a drink, not so nice...would be nice if you could walk straight down vs. zig zag to the bar.

Edited by Jim and Monika

Love Love Love the Conquest class of ships...Liberty was the first ship and that started my cruising addiction, then the Conquest sailed on her 2 times and going on her again this April, also been on the Glory. 

Edited by hockeyguru32

On ‎7‎/‎31‎/‎2018 at 9:27 PM, mlbcruiser said:

Glory is much bigger than Pride and while we enjoyed both cruises we'd probably pick Glory over Pride if everything else was equal.