What are these ports like?

Tales from the Caribbean -- Ask A Question / Share Some Info

Coco Cay - Photo by Eva Beagle

The Caribbean is open! What do you want to know about your favorite Caribbean islands or itineraries?

Are you just back? Please share your experience!
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 09:01 PM.
3 Posts
Joined Aug 2018
I am going on my first cruise in February and am super excited and scared at the same time. I hope we get lucky with calm seas.

Anyways, I'm going to the following ports:

Road Town, Virgin Islands
St. John's, Antigua & Barbuda
Basseterre, St. Kitts & Nevis
Fort de France, Martinique
Phillipsburg, St. Maarten

Can anyone tell me a little about the ports? Is there anything in walking distance? Do you have to take a bus everywhere? Are there car rentals? Any advise/information you can give me is greatly, greatly appreciated. TIA!
MA
592 Posts
Joined Jan 2003
Originally posted by firsttimecruiser1986
I am going on my first cruise in February and am super excited and scared at the same time. I hope we get lucky with calm seas.

Anyways, I'm going to the following ports:

Road Town, Virgin Islands
St. John's, Antigua & Barbuda
Basseterre, St. Kitts & Nevis
Fort de France, Martinique
Phillipsburg, St. Maarten

Can anyone tell me a little about the ports? Is there anything in walking distance? Do you have to take a bus everywhere? Are there car rentals? Any advise/information you can give me is greatly, greatly appreciated. TIA!

Hi,

I posted under your stroller question also.

It would be helpful to know what cruise line and ship because in some of those ports different cruises dock in different areas.

Phllipsburg there is shopping area right next to dock. You can also take a water taxi into town ( you can walk it also it is about a mile). There are shops, places to eat and a beach right in town.

In St. Kitts, we have only gone to the beachs. You have to take a taxi.

I would suggest that you go to the ports of call area here in cruise critic or go to other tourism sites (maybe research each island) and you could find your answers there.

Have a blast planning and then relax and enjoy.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Ruth

Started cruising in 1991 since then:
RCCL - 4 cruises
Celebrity - 7 cruises
Princess - 6 cruises
NCL - 23 cruises
Chandris - 1 cruise