Allure Windjammer?

I usually go on carnival but this Sunday I will be going on Allure! Usually on carnival the buffet is busy at lunch time but still manageable but that’s about it. I have been on royal once before awhile ago on freedom of the seas and I don’t remember the buffet lines being too crazy but when I read all the comments and reviews on here it sounds like everyone is trying to avoid the windjammer. Is it really that bad!?!?...

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I don’t think it is that bad. Of course timing matters. The first day is always gonna be crazy because most people go straight there when they board. Other than that, we never had issues. Since there are so many other places to go, the crowds are spread out.

Last June we were on the Oasis, Allures sister ship and when we boarded around 1130 we went to the Windjammer and although it was crowded we had no issue finding somewhere to sit. As someone said, timing is everything, when we left around 1230 there was a line to get in. During the cruise we ate there for lunch a lot and it never seemed overly crowded to the point that we couldn't find a seat.

Ate there twice. That was enough. A lot of the food was getting mixed together with the salads on either side. No one seemed to be monitoring the cross contamination of the buffet dishes. It was soooo crowded. Not a very pleasant atmosphere to be dining in. We went to the MDR instead. It worked for most of our meals,

I found Windjammer on Oasis-class substantially better than on Carnival. They have "stations" so you don't have to get in long lines for food.

That said, please remember that Allure has several dining venues. One that may interest you is the Solarium Bistro which offers a buffet at breakfast and lunch as well. For breakfast, consider one of the many options like Solarium Bistro, Johnny Rockets, Main Dining Room (has service AND buffet), Park Cafe, etc.

That said, we have never had any real trouble at Windjammer. If you go at the absolute peak, they do a good job of creating a line and actually showing you to an available table as opposed to the craziness, every man for themselves on Carnival.

We eat mostly at the Windjammer for lunch and breakfast.As others have said timing is everything. Expect it to be crowded boarding day until 1:00 PM when cabins become available. Many passengers go there to eat with their carry on and wait until their room is available.

Expect peak times to be different for sea days and port days. If you are on the same schedule as 6,000 other passengers it will be crowded. Early risers will benefit the best for avoiding peak times.

For Omelets or cook to order eggs go to Johnny Rockets, Wipe Out Cafe or on Sea Days the MDR.

Other breakfast options are the Solarium and Central Park Cafe. Central Park Cafe has it's own problems with being crowded during peak times but the Solarium is usually a safe bet to avoid major crowding.

I usually go on carnival but this Sunday I will be going on Allure! Usually on carnival the buffet is busy at lunch time but still manageable but that’s about it. I have been on royal once before awhile ago on freedom of the seas and I don’t remember the buffet lines being too crazy but when I read all the comments and reviews on here it sounds like everyone is trying to avoid the windjammer. Is it really that bad!?!?...

It can be, but they do have signage to tell you what is busy and what is not. Go at different times helps, but I consider Freedom as having the largest Windjammer vs the number of people on board and the Oasis class which includes Allure has having too small of one. But there are a lot of alternatives. If you aren't among the first 1000 people boarding, don't go there first!