Ventura refit

cocowills

Hi -we too have just got off Ventura.

Not overly impressed with the new refit tbh. Whilst their is plenty of nice new carpets and "The Beach house" has had a makeover which is nice. The "Waterside" however looks like it is half finished. It has new carpets and whilst the benches have been refurbished, the chairs have not. The chairs are absolutely grotty. They look really stained and grubby and I am surprised that they have not been replaced. It really spoils the overall effect. ( I do wonder if perhaps chairs have been ordered but not arrived maybe? It seems strange not to replace them.) Sunloungers have not been replaced and are looking worse for wear. One thing that has really surprised me is the new TV's. You can now no longer see you onboard spend and you have to go to reception to find out which involves them printing you a statement. It caused constant queue's at reception and what a waste of ink and paper. I find it a very backwards step - surely in this day and age they can do better than this!!!!! ( The TV's are the same size as the old one btw) Didn't really notice many other changes really. There seemed to be issues with the outdoor pool as it was only open for one day of the cruise. The indoor pool had issues with chemicals and went a nasty green colour at one stage and had to be treated for a while before being reopened. Overall I think there were quite a lot of teething issues tbh.

Thanks for posting this. We were on Ventura immediately before the refit and many of the sun loungers were replaced during that cruise.We saw the old ones being off-loaded in most ports. It will be an ongoing process.

Can you tell what changes were made to The Beach House? We enjoyed the food in there but still thought it felt like the buffet. Maybe we were unlucky as we were always at the end on the table overlooking the self-service tea and coffee machines

• 4 weeks later...