Mystic Mountain

chiquiDYKE

Going to Ocho Ríos in Nov. Any thoughts on the Sky Explorer Tour?? Is it worth the price??

(Not interested in Bobsled or Zipline)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We're going in January 2018, and we were also interested in just the Sky Explorer, but not going on the zip line or bobsleds. I think I found a website online where it said that just the Sky Explorer was $46.20 per person, but it included an infinity pool area, a Butterfly Tour, and a Hummingbird Tour and a lookout tower. We thought that was a little expensive, considering that it didn't include the price of what it would cost to get to the place, and return back to where you came from. So, I'll follow this post, in hopes that someone would have more info.

The Sky Explorer is basically a ski lift through the rain forest. It is a nice 6-7 minute ride up to the top (unless you are afraid of heights). They take your picture on the way, which they offer for sale.

The top is very nice.... lIke you say infinity pool (with water slide), humming bird sitting area, small Jamaican history museum, several gift shops, look out area with bar and decent restaurant. Great views of downtown Ocho Rios and the port area.

The bob sled ride is a blast!

We're going in January 2018, and we were also interested in just the Sky Explorer, but not going on the zip line or bobsleds. I think I found a website online where it said that just the Sky Explorer was $46.20 per person, but it included an infinity pool area, a Butterfly Tour, and a Hummingbird Tour and a lookout tower. We thought that was a little expensive, considering that it didn't include the price of what it would cost to get to the place, and return back to where you came from. So, I'll follow this post, in hopes that someone would have more info.

Shoreexcursioner has one for $42.99. Roundtrip transportation and chairlift, but duration of tour is only 1 hour 45 minutes. Ride is 20 minutes each way, that means you only stay for 1 hour at the top. A little expensive to use the pool, I think, and not enough time to do a lot of other things.

Tripadvisor has it for $46 but you have to pay for transfers, another $11-12. They don’t specify how long you can stay.

We decided to pass on this tour. We’ll find something else to do or stay onboard.

[emoji1308][emoji1308][emoji1308]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums