first river cruise -1st question

the english lady

Yes you can take any beverages on board that you wish (alcohol and non-alcoholic). Only beer and wine are included with dinner. Spirits are not included. Every day Avalon has a drink of the day that was usually around 3.50E. There is also a happy hour every day when alcoholic drinks were 2-for-1. I think that these drinks were between 5 - 6.5E.

Hope this helps.

Hi

we are booked on our first ever river cruise -with Avalon.

Does anyone know ,can you take alcohol on board with you.

Also what are the prices in the bar for lets say a vodka and tonic, or a whisky. I know drinks are included with dinner.

thank you lots

We did our first river cruise with Avalon in august, we took spirits on board, which we'd bought duty free in transit, but didnt drink much of it. Wine and beer were included with dinner plus happy hour prior to dinner, we often went to the lounge after dinner, with our new found friends, so apart from a couple of drinks on a lazy afternoon or a beer on shore at one of the quaint towns, we didnt really ned to bring our own.

Plus theres always champagne at breakfast if you want to start early :-) , think I only saw a bottle open on the first day.

• 2 weeks later...

Glad you brought this thread forward dellraydoll and thanks english lady for the original question. Was going to post the same today, now I don't have to. I thought the prices would be higher and am pleasantly surprised. For the 2 for 1 can they be shared? I know that sounds cheap but hey this trip is costing plenty and like to save a buck here or there. :D What about wine in the lounge after dinner, still in the 5-6E range? And I see there's a minibar in your room, is there a price list anywhere for what's in there?

Glad you brought this thread forward dellraydoll and thanks english lady for the original question. Was going to post the same today, now I don't have to. I thought the prices would be higher and am pleasantly surprised. For the 2 for 1 can they be shared? I know that sounds cheap but hey this trip is costing plenty and like to save a buck here or there. :D What about wine in the lounge after dinner, still in the 5-6E range? And I see there's a minibar in your room, is there a price list anywhere for what's in there?

Theres no problem sharing 2 for 1 in happy hours, everyone did it, I had my husband drinking cocktail :-)

There were price lists for mini bars but we didnt use it, we did bring spirits with us but rarely drank any of that. Prices in the bar were very reasonable, yes in the €5 -€6 range, our tab after 14 nights was under €100 and we had drinks each night in happy hour and most nights in the lounge after dinner.

Archived