$50 deposit conditions?

Crusin Karen

I remember reading something about $50 deposit rules and conditions. Tried a search and a google but can't find any information. Have this offer from our Pride sailing on 1/7-1/21 and hope to take advantage of it and book a cruise. Can anyone tell me what I need to be aware of? TIA.

I remember reading something about $50 deposit rules and conditions. Tried a search and a google but can't find any information. Have this offer from our Pride sailing on 1/7-1/21 and hope to take advantage of it and book a cruise. Can anyone tell me what I need to be aware of? TIA.

Best tip I have is don’t call after you do it to change a room lol they forfeit the special lower deposit and then charge you the full price due immediately:)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I dislike $50 deposit and it being presented as a perk/sale. There is no money saved here, just delayed. I suspect it increases the chance of someone who does not have the money to cruise booking a cruise and Carnival taking their money when they cannot make final payment.

I dislike $50 deposit and it being presented as a perk/sale. There is no money saved here, just delayed. I suspect it increases the chance of someone who does not have the money to cruise booking a cruise and Carnival taking their money when they cannot make final payment.

Or it provides a bit more flexibility for those who don't book the fully refundable fares (for whatever reason). With a $50 deposit, if you change/cancel, the same amount of $ is lost ($50). But, if you had the full deposit, Carnival keeps the rest of the deposit as a future cruise credit.

I like the $50 Deposit Sale - allowed me to book a great cruise well in advance with just a little of my money immediately invested, so I have time to save up for the cruise and all the other discretionary spending from now to then, and when I make the full payment I will know for sure whether I am going or need to scrub for some reason beyond my control, losing only $100 total. And I have no intention of changing my mind or wanting to go a different time - our non-work schedule is already filling up for this year, and we have a few things penciled in for next year, so it was go on that cruise at that time or probably not go at all.

But obviously YMMV: if you have the cash on hand, may want to change sailing date/duration/ship, then other sales may be better for you.

Best tip I have is don’t call after you do it to change a room lol they forfeit the special lower deposit and then charge you the full price due immediately:)

Okay, so what happened on the Pride cruise we just sailed: we were in an extended balcony cabin. I saw the bowling alley extended balcony cabin down the hall open up as it happened. Same category cabin. So we called CCL and switched cabins. Say I booked with $50 deposit. Would this have been possible?

Okay, so what happened on the Pride cruise we just sailed: we were in an extended balcony cabin. I saw the bowling alley extended balcony cabin down the hall open up as it happened. Same category cabin. So we called CCL and switched cabins. Say I booked with $50 deposit. Would this have been possible?

You would have been able to switch cabins, but if the $50 deposit promotion was not still available, then you would've had to pay the remaining balance of the normal deposit amount immediately.

You would have been able to switch cabins, but if the $50 deposit promotion was not still available, then you would've had to pay the remaining balance of the normal deposit amount immediately.

^^ this!

and also there are times they will not tell you and if you miss the email or dont look online, they will cancel your cruise

I just booked on Sunday $50 deposits wasn’t an option but half off deposits was, with the half off deposits the cost per person was $100 more than paying the regular full price deposit. I paid the full deposit

Read the small print.

I have used the $50.00 deposit several times. There are some restrictions-such as you cannot get a price reduction unless you have paid more than the current deposit. This never came up for me since none of the cruise I have sailed have never gone down in price. (So I got the best price upfront.) Changes can be made and they can waive the penalty. When I book far in advance I always tell my PVP that I my need to change the date due to my work schedule. Twice, they waived the $50.00 penalty.

Okay, thanks for all that advice. I think I am going to go for it with the $50 deposit. I only have until Saturday to decide since the offer is only good for 2 weeks post cruise. I am probably going to book another Journeys cruise and I always check daily for price reductions, but those cruises fill up so fast that there is usually nothing....Happy sailing everyone!

its the same category or higher you will not be charged.