Live from the Spirit, September 10th to 25th, Tilbury to New York City

spinnaker2

pizza last night in spaccanopoli. yummy. as far as special orders, they must be requested 24 hours in advance and then they are served in Atlantide. the rules are changing now, best to confer with your butler once aboard. its actually sunny today, but cold. many pax are heading off, but this is quite a brief stop. this afternoon we have an appetizer workshop with chef david. all good!

Appreciate these added details and the follow-up from Spins. Given her challenges in doing photo uploads while sailing, she just e-mailed to me one of her pictures from on the ship. See it below. Fortunately, my laptop got fixed by Apple and I am back in business. Keep sending more to me by e-mail and I am happy to upload and post here.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Enjoyed a 14-day, Jan. 20-Feb. 3, 2014, Sydney to Auckland adventure, getting a big sampling for the wonders of "down under” before and after this cruise. Go to:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1974139

for more info and many pictures of these amazing sights in this great part of the world. Now at 212,359 views for this posting.

While sailing, below is a picture just shared by Spins. She titles it as "clouds this am". Looking good and interesting?:

(Open your screen/viewer wider to see this picture larger/better!)

Screen%20Shot%202018-09-20%20at%2011.48.22%20AM_zpsl8wvucvs.jpg

Awesome picture Spins! Looks like a painting.

Below is another good and interesting "look" from Spins on her trans-Atlantic journey. Keep 'em coming!! Happy to upload more.

Lisbon, NWSpain, Bordeaux/Brittany: Finished June 2017 sailing on the Silver Spirit from Portugal to France along the scenic Atlantic Coast, plus great pre- and post-cruise experiences. Now at 25,245 views. Many interesting pictures and details on history, food, culture, etc., from my live/blog at:

www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2511358

Here is what Spins billed as "the sea yesterday".:

DSC05730%202_zpsguey1m3h.jpg

Beautiful shots Spins!

Here below is the latest from Spins and their sailing adventure with Silversea. Keep 'em coming!! Happy to post more samples to document the stars involved and the excitement.

Venice: Loving It & Why??!! Is one of your future desires or past favorites? See these many visual samples for its great history and architecture. This posting is now at 76,640 views.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1278226

Here is more fun from the trans-Atlantic sailing with CD Moss setting up for the always interesting and tasty Pub Lunch. Sail Britannia!!:

DSC05523%202_zpsex5olmfg.jpg

Internet service and quality for Candy and others has been seriously challenged from their ship. BUT, she did get these two pictures just e-mailed to me. See below!! Hopefully, Spins will be able to send and share more. Yes,I am liking this fun sampling. Like good food and wine, wanting more and more. Agree?

For details and visuals, etc., from our July 1-16, 2010, Norway Coast/Fjords/Arctic Circle cruise experience from Copenhagen on the Silver Cloud, check out this posting. This posting is now at 230,958 views.

www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1227923

First, here is Chef David and Karolina doing their cooking demo, adding more wine, etc. Second is the ship coming into Halifax.:

(Open your screen/viewer wider to see these pictures larger/better!)

DSC05534%202%201_zpso6arqcc2.jpg

DSC05835%202%202_zpszscnvvad.jpg

Here are some great, fun Saturday morning treats sent by Spins from one of the market sampling with Chef David. Don't these look great and interesting?? Makes me hungry!! Keep it coming.

SE Asia/Mekong River, Etc.! Just completed a Jan. 21-Feb. 20, 2018, first adventure through Southeast Asia with stops in Hong Kong and Bangkok, before traveling all over Vietnam and Cambodia. This includes seven days sailing on the Mekong River. Now at 35,789 views. Lots of fun, interesting pictures!! See more at:

www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2591474

From the market tour/visit with Chef David, here is a sample of the cheese, olives, saucisson, etc. Plus, some sweet treats that says "let them eat cake"!!:

DSC05450%202%203_zps3txewdnv.jpg

DSC05422%203%202_zpsomskqhsb.jpg

DSC05452%202%204_zpseug1weqb.jpg

DSC05457%202%201_zpscr6rm9gu.jpg

What a pleasure it was to come into Halifax yesterday under clear blue skies - I'd almost forgotten what blue is. So much of the rest of this cruise has been under grey, grey, grey heavy clouds. And wind, and often rain.

There were three ships in so it was fairly crowded, but once past the rather chaotic, noisy and smelly (bus exhausts) shuttling out of the commercial port, the walk along the seafront and boardwalk was very pleasant. Or should have been, but I was on a tour supposedly showing us the local gastronomic delights interspersed with Halifax history, but it was a curious order of stops (e.g. beer then lobster then wine then rum cake and fudge then fish chowder) with a poor tour guide - we spent long intervals just standing around doing nothing, nor did we learn much history. The next group who started an hour after us were just ten minutes behind us when I gave up and abandoned the tour. Shame, it should have been good - next year when I'm back in Halifax (on the Whisper), I'll do it on my own at my own speed.

We've been speeding along overnight (nearly 20 knots) to get to Boston by 4pm today (an overnight stay). Our itinerary said a 6pm arrival but since we must do the face-to-face US CBP interviews after arrival, maybe they thought that would ruin this evening if we arrived at 6pm. Who knows.

Quite windy and rough this morning but suddenly warmer than it's been - 70 degrees - so far we've been mostly well below 60 degrees. Sky overcast but some blue bits starting to show, could be another beautiful day ahead. Hope so.

Looking forward to Boston, another market visit tomorrow with David (Hannover St Market).

BTW I've been so fed up in the past with the free internet that I purchased the premium tier this trip and have been quite pleased with it - pretty consistent and fast enough (~2 MBPS) to not drive me crazy every time I try to do something. OK, that's not exactly lighting fast - here's hoping that one benefit from RCL might be better speeds.

Edited by jollyjones

Boston is only 3 hours from Albany. Too bad we have lots to do around the house after our trip, or we'd sneak over and meet you at the market tomorrow!

Glad the weather is looking up. We also had cloudy skies for the majority of our trip but the temps were mostly north of 60 degrees, so not too unpleasant.

Below are the latest two visuals shared via e-mail from Spins. Hopefully, she'll be able to keep sending more. Right?

Wonderful Kotor and nearby Montenegro? Check these postings. Have had over 43,098 views on this posting and appreciate those who have tuned-in and commented.:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1439193

First is leaving Halifax. Second shows the moon last night.:

DSC05869%202%202_zpsbzanx0it.jpg

DSC05875%202%201_zpsxmjoqabl.jpg

Well, here we are in Boston. Nice sail-in with lots of folks in the Observation Lounge. We are docked and my husband just spotted the Immigration guys walking onboard. I think they do the crew first, then the passengers for the face-to-face. So, we will just standby and read (or write on CC) until called.

As stated above, yesterday was glorious. We had been to Halifax on a land trip a few years back, so just milled abountne Harbor, had a beer in one of the cute brewery houses and then ate at our favorite restaurant from last time, The Bicycle Thief. Today was nice too, although a bit windy as we did our walk earlier this morning. We ate pizza out of the deck (thereby avoiding the inside American Classics buffet) and had a lovely meal. We had the pizza for the first time a few days ago and have been plotting our next time to “do pizza”since then. There are about 15 different kinds to choose from and they are just delicious. More on the food and restaurants a little later.

Floors are being called now for the Immigration festivities.

Here below are the latest visuals from Spins/Candy as they complete their trans-Atlantic Silversea sailing. This including being in Boston now. Still to come? New York City!!

Venice: Loving It & Why??!! Is one of your future desires or past favorites? See these many visual samples for its great history and architecture. This posting is now at 76,654 views.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1278226

This range of visuals includes a food demonstration, some on-ship entertainment, an American Airlines plane getting ready to land at Boston Logan, the pilot coming on-board the ship and this morning's sunrise while docked in Boston. Fun and back in the U.S.A.:

DSC05921%202%202_zps3djheigs.jpg

DSC05930%202%203_zps2hprullt.jpg

DSC05942%202%204_zpsd9kxzm6z.jpg

DSC05958%202%205_zps2gxnmi7s.jpg

DSC06046%202%201_zps3xw4e8kp.jpg

and this morning after the beautiful sunrise a giant blue whale of a ship went by.

soon we will be off to a morning market visit with chef david.

then i may begin packing.

the last trivia game is today.

tonight is another formal night (the 3rd) and a pool deck party with the death by chocolate theme.

tomorrow is newport!

lots to look forward to in the remaining hours abard.

Just received this update from Spins/Candy as to what happened in their "neighborhood" of Boston Harbor. Looks like a big, BIG ship!!

For Athens and nearby, look at this earlier posting for many options and visual samples from this city that is so great for seeing its great history, style and architecture. This posting is now at 25,984 views.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1101008

Here is the latest from Spins with this large ship blocking their view in Boston.:

DSC06051%202_zpsv5t6rej5.jpg

Hi SLSD! Nice to see you virtually onboard with us on this cruise! I have been taking notes since we got on board in Tilbury with differences (and similarities) that I see with the Spirit and the Seabourn Ovation (and Encore). Once I get home, I will write it up and post on both SS and SB. Sneak peek conclusion: I think most people who like one will like the other.

Below is the latest just received this morning from Candy/Spins. Getting close to New York City. Keep 'em coming!!

Enjoyed a 14-day, Jan. 20-Feb. 3, 2014, Sydney to Auckland adventure, getting a big sampling for the wonders of "down under” before and after this cruise. Go to:

for more info and many pictures of these amazing sights in this great part of the world. Now at 212,642 views for this posting.

As dawn breaks this morning, they are en route to Newport, Rhode Island.:

DSC06214%202_zpsgppo41yr.jpg

Appreciate these follow-ups and pictures from Spins/Candy. Still having challenges in being able to access and upload to her hosting site of Photobucket. Glad I have been able to get and share her fun visuals.

for more info and many pictures of these amazing sights in this great part of the world. Now at 212,642 views for this posting.

What is better in New England than fresh lobster? Good, tasty pix from Spins!!:

DSC06109%202_zpsbgpkbg8j.jpg

Here's the latest update from Spins/Candy: "We are approaching Newport. It's very windy and raining. We were supposed to go for a sail. I think NOT!"

For details and visuals, etc., from our July 1-16, 2010, Norway Coast/Fjords/Arctic Circle cruise experience from Copenhagen on the Silver Cloud, check out this posting. This posting is now at 231,049 views.

www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1227923

First are some linzer cookies. Second fits this message: "yes, we have no cilantro".:

DSC06082%202_zpsz6lu7uhb.jpg

DSC06075%202_zpsd9ipokh3.jpg

Appreciate these additional visuals from Spins/Candy. Below are popovers and dutch babies from a farmers market, colorful examples of "fall fare" and a picture where even the soap looks yummy. Keep it coming!!

Super loved Dubrovnik!!! See more details and lots of great visual samples/examples at this link. Have had over 43,958 views on this posting and appreciate those who have tuned-in and dropped by.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1439227

These are the latest pictures from Spins while sailing with Silversea.:

Dutch%20Babies%20X2_zpsrkgqfcyi.jpg

DSC06089%202%203_zpsesvmukfs.jpg

DSC06110%202%202_zpszcgthbh3.jpg