Entire Island of San Juan without Power

wemjam

Headline just came across online. San Juan has been devastated. Entire Island without power, 80% of homes is certain areas destroyed. Flooding prevalent.

I predict Carnival will be changing more itineraries soon.

We are running out of places to cruise too :o

Headline just came across online. San Juan has been devastated. Entire Island without power, 80% of homes is certain areas destroyed. Flooding prevalent.

I saw that. I was so hoping they would be spared. So sad!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

my nov 4 itinerary WAS San Juan, St Thomas, Grand Turk and Dominican Rep....There is no way we go to any of those spots. Now i just have to wait and see..wouldnt surprise me if we didnt know exactly where we will go until 24 hrs before the ship leaves..Carnival has to hold their cards to the vest..

Island of San Juan? I’m going to assume you mean the island of Puerto Rico, and the city of San Juan.

Thank you for the correction.. yes of course I meant Island of Puerto Rico... had San Juan Port on the brain.

my nov 4 itinerary WAS San Juan, St Thomas, Grand Turk and Dominican Rep....There is no way we go to any of those spots. Now i just have to wait and see..wouldnt surprise me if we didnt know exactly where we will go until 24 hrs before the ship leaves..Carnival has to hold their cards to the vest..

Csoud68 that was my itinerary and date. Same here I wonder where we are going western or southern.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

That is the Magic's itinerary. Next week they are doing western, so I'm guessing that's where we will go too.

Welcome to the West Coast!

Hi there, I'm sailing on the dawn Nov 3, from Boston to san juan. Pretty much every island on the itenary was badly damaged from the storms, changing of ports is no big deal, it would be nice to know where I'm going though. But my real question is, San Juan, if the cruise is not able to dock there to end the cruise, where might they send us, I obviously have travel arrangements in PR, hotel for 3 nights and airfare. Those cost quite a bit to cancel or change plus I booked those thru Priceline. If San Juan turns out to not be the ending location, what options might I have to recoup airfare and hotel, and make quick changes because this cruise is only a month and half away. Thank you everyone for your insight.

If San Juan turns out to not be the ending location, what options might I have to recoup airfare and hotel, and make quick changes because this cruise is only a month and half away. Thank you everyone for your insight.

Your options to collect non-refundable costs for itinerary changes or cancellations will depend on the terms of your travel insurance. It would be best to check with them to see what is and isn't covered.

It's too early to say you won't go to any of those places. I suspect your DR and Grand Turk calls will happen as scheduled. St. Thomas and San Juan are probably out of the question that soon, but I suspect the cruise lines will be adding Antigua as a stop for a lot of Eastern cruises starting pretty soon.