Immigration Clearnace at Kai Tak Cruise Terminal in Hong Kong

Trekker Dude

• 1 month later...
I am also interested in this. Docking in December on a Saturday at 7 AM with a flight to Narita at 10 AM. Concerned about making the flight.

I think it depends on who is working, what they had for breakfast and whether they had an argument with their spouse that morning. Sometimes they can be woefully slow and sometimes so efficient and smooth. Pick a day lol. Pretty much like anywhere. Once in Singapore it took 3 hours to get off ship, only a port stop, another time full embarkation. 30 minutes from ship to taxi.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I am also interested in this. Docking in December on a Saturday at 7 AM with a flight to Narita at 10 AM. Concerned about making the flight.

Very tight schedule indeed, given that you better arrive at the airport 2 hours before your flight to be safe. But fortunately it's Saturday.

I have disembarked 2 times at Kai Tak and I chose self-disembark carrying all my luggages. The process was very fast with no queues at all. But I hear from my friends who followed the main disembark process and it could be long and time consuming.

I'd suggest the following if you cannot change your flight schedule: Do self-disembark. Once clear with the customs, take a look at the taxi queue. If the queue is not long then take a taxi direct to airport. Else, you might be better off to take bus 5R (if the departure time fits, it departs every 00 and 30 mins from Kai Tak) or free shuttle bus to Kwun Tong for a better chance to grab a taxi quickly. Or even better, see whether you can reserve a car through Uber.