Check in Question

sarahc78

My who parents who are previous NCL guests (latitudes members ?) have booked our young son in their room which is a handicap room several doors down from ours. Will we have to go in the latitudes/handicapped line with my parents during check in or would we go in the regular check in area? Wasn’t sure if they’d need to verify with us the parents, also making sure we should arrive at the same time.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

what level lattitudes are they as unless gold or above the lattitudes line for bronze or silver can be as long or longer as regular line

there is a line for wheelchair users or cant stand in line long-is that why your parents have a handicapped cabin?

if you ask the staff about that line you could all check in together

what level lattitudes are they as unless gold or above the lattitudes line for bronze or silver can be as long or longer as regular line

there is a line for wheelchair users or cant stand in line long-is that why your parents have a handicapped cabin?

Yes my mom is handicapped and in a wheel chair. I wasn’t sure if since we were able bodied they’d make us go to a separate line or not. Wondered how that would work

I’m not sure what level they are they’ve been on 5 NCL cruises

Yes my mom is handicapped and in a wheel chair. I wasn’t sure if since we were able bodied they’d make us go to a separate line or not. Wondered how that would work

I’m not sure what level they are they’ve been on 5 NCL cruises

if she is in a wheelchair the staff should single you out

if not ask where wheelchair line is and they will allow you all to check in together

there is a line for wheelchair users or cant stand in line long-

I am wondering how the 'can't stand in line long' line works. Do you need some form of documentation or do you just go and stand in that line?

This year, for the first time, we have booked some flights with asssistance because our last travelling experience was so hard. I have had a couple of fusion surgeries on my spine, and standing still is the worst thing I can do for provoking pain. I look fine! Although having said that, last time we had a long journey, a lady driving one of those electric carts actually came alongside me and asked if I wanted a ride somewhere! I was so relieved because I was struggling to walk.

There has been a change in the latitudes member benefits that has removed priority embarkation for gold and is now only available for Platinum on up. This may be due to the increase in gold members that had made the priority embarkation no different than the regular.

We found this out because this last cruise was our first as platinum and we noticed that gold were not included and when we checked out the web site it confirmed this change.

There has been a change in the latitudes member benefits that has removed priority embarkation for gold and is now only available for Platinum on up. This may be due to the increase in gold members that had made the priority embarkation no different than the regular.

We found this out because this last cruise was our first as platinum and we noticed that gold were not included and when we checked out the web site it confirmed this change.

You are getting confused between priority check in and embarkation.

Before the recent changes there was no priority embarkation for any latitudes level. There were specific lines for check in, but then everyone had to wait for boarding. The lines for the lower latitudes levels at check in could often take longer than the standard lines.

It is these check in lines which fabnfortysomething is referring to, and these haven't changed. Priority check in is still listed as a benefit for all latitudes levels. The priority embarkation for platinum and above is not related to this discussion.

There has been a change in the priority boarding benefit for latitude members. We just returned from a Panama cruise and the priority check in is for Platinum and up. Our previous cruise was Gold and up. There may have become too many Gold members to have caused this change; but it is listed on the tier benefits part of the NCL web site

I am wondering how the 'can't stand in line long' line works. Do you need some form of documentation or do you just go and stand in that line?

This year, for the first time, we have booked some flights with asssistance because our last travelling experience was so hard. I have had a couple of fusion surgeries on my spine, and standing still is the worst thing I can do for provoking pain. I look fine! Although having said that, last time we had a long journey, a lady driving one of those electric carts actually came alongside me and asked if I wanted a ride somewhere! I was so relieved because I was struggling to walk.

If you need any type of aid cane, walker... they will find you and move you and your party to the assisted line or just explain to them that you can’t stand for long. NCL is very good at making sure you have the help you need.. Just be careful once the doors open and the stampede is on for the vibe pass : )

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I am wondering how the 'can't stand in line long' line works. Do you need some form of documentation or do you just go and stand in that line? ...

You could just go to the furthest left check in line which is Special Needs but it would be better if before your cruise you contact the SpecialNeeds desk so there is no problem.