Is this a plan for a Manhattan price cruise stay sailing from Cape Liberty

Tin can

Hello

(I meant 'pre' cruise not price..... spell checker!)

I am looking for some insiders advice please on whether this is a good idea.

We are thinking of stopping Downtown Manhattan for a couple of days before our Cape Liberty cruise next year to do some sight seeing.

Our cruise leaves on a Friday morning so for the last night in New York I was thinking of switching hotels and getting the ferry across from Brookfield by the WTC across to Harbour Side and spending the last night at the Hyatt New Jersey which is almost next door to where the ferry lands (so easy with our cases).

As this is then more than half way to the port we will have no worries about the hassle of traffic etc.

We are from the UK so is this a good plan, it may sound silly but the travelling in the morning from Manhattan is a worry.

Many thanks for any advice received.

It's a decent plan. Not sure what else I can post as I don't see any specific questions

Thats appreciated, its a bit daunting taking the family to New York pre cruise and I have (rightly or wrongly) some anxiety about getting a car service from Manhattan downtown to Cape Liberty on a Friday morning at around 9.30am.

By stopping in New Jersey the night before some of that concern is gone, you haven't said thats a silly idea so you have helped me.

Thank you

Nothing wrong with it per se, but it's really not necessary. You have plenty of time to get from your hotel in Manhattan to Cape Liberty on embarkation day. Just book a car from one of the major services such a Dial 7 or Carmel Limo . They'll get you to the port .

The cruise port is very close to downtown Manhattan. All you need to do is go through the tunnel and onto the highway for approximately 30 minutes. There are two alternatives if something horrible should happen in the tunnel. Don’t worry. You’d have an extra night in Manhattan if you stay.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Nothing wrong with it per se, but it's really not necessary. You have plenty of time to get from your hotel in Manhattan to Cape Liberty on embarkation day. Just book a car from one of the major services such a Dial 7 or Carmel Limo . They'll get you to the port .

Agree .... enjoy Manhattan .... there is so much to do and see.

You can even ferry from Manhattan to NJ and take a taxi or Uber from there. What are you planning on seeing in NYC? Manhattan has many areas to visit besides downtown.

Thank you all for your thoughts, much appreciated.

Perhaps I'm worrying unnecesarily about the traffic on a Friday morning in Manhattan. You guys are local but I have a fear of getting stuck on the Island! I'm British so bear with me with the worrying :D

We are planning on the Top of the Rock, Central Park and Times Square from a Downtown base and then spending a bit of time around the WTC, Statue of liberty and Brooklyn. Really looking forward to the trip and the cruise.

For SOL, book in advance, especially if you want to visit the pedestal and/or crown (definitely recommend it, small museum, no crowds, nice restrooms, climate controlled in pedestal), and book online if you want to go to the observatory or 9/11 museum to avoid long lines.

We don’t know yet how much the lane closure will the traffic. You will have plenty of time, there are other ways to NJ, a bridge, another tunnel, train, and ferry. If you have internet, Waze and google maps give real time traffic information. 9/11 is my only memory of when it was next to impossible to get out of the city (DH worked there), and even weather events are usually forecasted and you can change plans.

ETA there will be a commuter bus lane open from 6 am to 1 pm, so that’s an option.

I would suggest staying with your original plan. Getting an extra night in NYC can be nice but if you come to The Hyatt in Jersey City for the last night you'll get something you can't get in New York! You'll get the spectacular view of the city skyline at night! Forrest for the trees and all that. Even on a Friday morning it's a lot easier ride to the cruise terminal in Bayonne from Jersey City and a lot less stressful!

Which is the best and why? Dial 7, Carmel Limo, UBER and yellow TAXI.

1) From NYC Marriott Downtown (West Street) to Cape Liberty, a Sunday morning boarding the Summit and

2) from Cape Liberty to JFK same on Sunday morning flight to DFW at 3:00PM

Which is the best and why? Dial 7, Carmel Limo, UBER and yellow TAXI.

1) From NYC Marriott Downtown (West Street) to Cape Liberty, a Sunday morning boarding the Summit and

2) from Cape Liberty to JFK same on Sunday morning flight to DFW at 3:00PM

You don't want a yellow taxi for either trip because you'll be crossing state lines. NY City taxis do not have to take you to NJ (except for trips to EWR, which have regulated fares) and if a driver agrees to go to NJ they can charge you any fare they can get you to agree to, even if it's much more than you would pay to a legitimate car service or Uber.

As for the other three choices it's a matter of personal preference. I prefer an established car service such as the two you named to Uber, but some people swear by Uber .