Adding a Third Person to an Existing Reservation

garyl62

I realize my TA or Celebrity will have the final word on this, but we're not ready to actually make this change yet so I wondered if anyone here has experience in this and could say what happened with them...

We have a CS that was booked a while ago at a rate that was about $500 PP lower than currently being offered. If we wanted to add a third person to our room would the original rate be lost, or would the current third person rate just be added to our original booking? If I do a mock booking the cabin for 2 is about $1,000 higher than our reservation and a third person adds almost another $1,000 to that. So would I be looking at a $2,000 total increase for the change, or just the third person add-on of about $1,000?

Adding a 3rd person won't change your original rate. As long as one person from the original rate is in the room, the rate doesn't change. Guests #3 + are at a lower rate than the first two.

Whether or not you can add a 3rd person will depend on if the ship is at capacity.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Forums mobile app

In the past I've added a 3rd person to a couple of my reservations (I can think of 3 off the top of my head - 2 in Royal Suite and 1 just recently to our Edge January sailing in a Sky Suite). In each instance my original rate for the first 2 occupants stayed the same. The 3rd person rate posted was the 3rd person rate in effect when I added the person. So, as long as they are allowing "3rd persons" (sometimes they don't due to ship capacity and number of folks that can be accommodated in the lifeboats), then you should have absolutely no issues.