currently on baltic cruise in aquaclass, vibration/shaking problems July 25th sailing

guy999

Hello, all this talk of vibrations is making me think twice about my upcoming cruise to South America. The price was so high that we booked an obstructed balcony (30%) on the 6 floor exactly midship. I really dont mind rocking and rolling, but I hate vibrations. Do you think we have anything to worry about?

Thanks

Andrea

We are currently on Eclipse in 3 Sunset Verandas on the aft deck 6. No out of the ordinary vibration. Wonderful cabins!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

If I’m not mistaken and it’s port side, you get the smoking area directly below you. The current pax (Hydrokitty) said that the people moved were on deck 8 midship - unsure if it was port or starboard, or both :confused:?

They were definitely doing some substantial engineering works in this area on the Eclipse a coupe of years ago. The old future sales office was being used by workmen as a base and parts of deck 5 were closed off during the cruise.

so back now, we ended up with a future credit of 1000 per person. not amazing but not terrible either, i was ok with it, I would have given up that money to have my wife sleep in the room during my vacation. I will likely travel again on celebrity but only in suites, and nothing ever towards the back ever again. I will post a review of the room in the thread so that people will check about it later.

they did move us the last two nights but it was too the very very back of the ship and for me, i couldn't handle the rocking up and down from back there, that's why i didn't pick the skysuite they had left when i was booking because it was in the back, anyways my wife slept back there and i slept in our room, i got woken up a few times, but i was ok.

overall, blu is amazing, my room steward was amazing, the ports are great,

oh they also bought us free dinner in tuscan while they were deciding compensation and I did think that was pretty decent. I have to say I think they did the right thing here. would I have liked more, sure, but a pony would be nice as well :)

Guy999, glad you got some sleep and that you got a good future credit.

Your attitude and ability to not let the room vibration ruin everything about your cruise is admirable and probably why you got what you did.

Sorry that when you got moved it was farther aft with the rockin, we book aft cabins when possible because the rockin motions puts me to sleep.

so back now, we ended up with a future credit of 1000 per person. not amazing but not terrible either, i was ok with it, I would have given up that money to have my wife sleep in the room during my vacation. I will likely travel again on celebrity but only in suites, and nothing ever towards the back ever again. I will post a review of the room in the thread so that people will check about it later.

they did move us the last two nights but it was too the very very back of the ship and for me, i couldn't handle the rocking up and down from back there, that's why i didn't pick the skysuite they had left when i was booking because it was in the back, anyways my wife slept back there and i slept in our room, i got woken up a few times, but i was ok.

oh they also bought us free dinner in tuscan while they were deciding compensation and I did think that was pretty decent. I have to say I think they did the right thing here. would I have liked more, sure, but a pony would be nice as well :)

Did I miss something? How did a cabin suddenly materialize for the last 2 nights (did someone leave the ship early?).

Did I miss something? How did a cabin suddenly materialize for the last 2 nights (did someone leave the ship early?).

yeah, we were only in copenhagen from 10-6 and then sea day and then leave from amsterdam, personally i wish i had thought of that, get off in copenhagen, stay in a hotel and fly back 2 days later from copenhagen, tickets would likely have been about the same and i would have gotten to see copenhagen a lot more, of course more expensive since I would have to also pay for the hotel, but yes as i understand it people left or at least one person did. and they were nice and didn't make us move all of our stuff, i tried to sleep in the new room but left at about 2 because the rocking was too much, it was a bit stormy.

Thank you for your reply. Yes, I am concerned about the smoking but we are in cabin 6195 and I think the smoking area is further back or is it the whole port side of deck 6? I do not mind the obstruction as we wanted to be as low as possible and midship for this cruise and this was the last available on the port side. We are going from Chile to Argentina and the port side may have a slight advantage. I thought we could move up before the cruise but the ship looks full. Thanks again,

Andrea

P.S. I am glad the poster got a good credit. We had the same experience with a cabin next to a child that screamed and ran into the walls for 2 weeks straight. The ship was full so they could not move us until the last few days. I did not think to ask for compensation, good to know.

Thanks for letting us know the conclusion.

Pleased you got a reasonable compensation and a room change for the last 2 nights so at least your wife got some sleep.

P.S. I am glad the poster got a good credit. We had the same experience with a cabin next to a child that screamed and ran into the walls for 2 weeks straight. The ship was full so they could not move us until the last few days. I did not think to ask for compensation, good to know.

Would Celebrity give compensation when the problem was to do with another passenger, we had a problem with our noisy neighbour's on the cruise before last and we reported them to guest services but would not have expected compensation from Celebrity when it was not their fault.

Going back to the vibration we have just returned from Reflection and the vibration was really bad in Murano when sitting by the window.

I am also one of those people that hate vibrations. These problems tend to be more severe at the rear of the ship and this thread reinforces my position to only cabins in the front of the ship. I know there's a group of people that love the aft balconies, but it's just not worth the risk for me.

I have never had any issues with aft cabins on Deck 6 and 7 on Eclipse and Solstice. We were on a 14 day Southern Caribbean in Jan and there were no vibrations or motion issues. We were also on the HNL - YVR sailing last April and no motion issues. We love the aft cabins as they are quiet.

Would Celebrity give compensation when the problem was to do with another passenger, we had a problem with our noisy neighbour's on the cruise before last and we reported them to guest services but would not have expected compensation from Celebrity when it was not their fault.

Going back to the vibration we have just returned from Reflection and the vibration was really bad in Murano when sitting by the window.

Agree, I wouldn’t expect the cruise line to compensate me if I had a noisy neighbor. We had all kinds; door slammers, TV blasters, kids temper tantrums & wall banging, nightly midnight arguments, etc. Luck of the draw. A significant defect with the cabin is a different ballgame.

Guy999, glad they did take care of you but a warning on that wish for a pony, you do know have to feed and board a pony, right?

We were on a RCI cruise in May and they had a plumbing problem so on and off for 3 days our toilets would not flush, or they would flush on their own when the workers wanted them to flush..not fun. We got a plate of sweets on day one, sweets and champagne on day 2 and a 15% future cruise credit on day 3.....we had two cabins and each person got a voucher for the 15%. No idea of what anyone else got.

We are currently on the Eclipse and have been experiencing vibration in our cabin the entire cruise. We are the 9th deck port side just aft of the push out. We talked to the concierge about the vibration and he stated there is a known problem in a number of state rooms. Ship is full so no chance of changing cabins.

He offered compensation for the inconvenience and after a few days wait he said corporate would only approve a 10% or $300 per person compensation. Not sure how they came up with that amount considering guy999 compensation.

Seems the vibration is a known problem with no resolution in the near future. TA’s should be made aware of this problem to allow guests to avoid these room when booking. It is unlikely that will happen as it will hurt sales / bottom line.

Thanks so much for your post, Spangler. I hope the vibration isn’t severe enough to prevent you from sleeping. I also hope you’re able to negotiate better compensation from Celebrity.

Once you’ve finished your cruise, would you please post a review about your cabin in the S-Class cabin sticky? That would be a good way to warn CC members about that specific cabin. Here’s the link to the sticky:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=911018

Do they know or disclose what is causing the vibration?

Would have expected more issues for M Class, but S class having issues is concerning.

They likely know the cause but are not disclosing it. If you ask you get it could be this or that or that....

We are currently on the Eclipse and have been experiencing vibration in our cabin the entire cruise. We are the 9th deck port side just aft of the push out. We talked to the concierge about the vibration and he stated there is a known problem in a number of state rooms. Ship is full so no chance of changing cabins.

He offered compensation for the inconvenience and after a few days wait he said corporate would only approve a 10% or $300 per person compensation. Not sure how they came up with that amount considering guy999 compensation.

Seems the vibration is a known problem with no resolution in the near future. TA’s should be made aware of this problem to allow guests to avoid these room when booking. It is unlikely that will happen as it will hurt sales / bottom line.

What cabin number are you in? Hope you're managing to get some sleep and that this isn't ruining your cruise.

be aware they(the front desk) knew that my wife did not sleep in our room for 8 days of the trip, and they also sent a front desk manager or something like that to our room multiple times who also agreed with the vibration so i would certain go down that front, this wasn't a vibration like in the restaurant, this would knock over a short glass of h20 if it was sitting on the bed even if no one was on the bed.

it was so strong i couldn't read in the room because the book would move around too much