Yacht Club Beverage package

Krickett

Sorry i realize that i should be able to find this answer somewhere but cannot. the Yacht Club beverage package that is included is it the Premium one? I thought that is was but a friend just booked and they upsold him the premium package for an extra $50 per person.

TIA

No need to upgrade in YC. Unlimited drinks are included except those marked with 2"**" in the menu.

As per MSA USA website YC description:

Unlimited complimentary beverages in all MSC Yacht Club areas, the mini-bar in your suite, and in all bars and restaurants of the ship (according to the drink selections available in the different venues)

Sorry i realize that i should be able to find this answer somewhere but cannot. the Yacht Club beverage package that is included is it the Premium one? I thought that is was but a friend just booked and they upsold him the premium package for an extra $50 per person.

TIA

It appears they will still sell you something that is already included. I am surprised this is legal in the EU. A reviewer commented they bought the package and were refused a refund. I see in my account they are also suggesting I buy a drink package. Even trying to sell me coffee packages and the like. Looks like your friend wasted $50pp.

Prior to making the reservation I compared YC perks with other Experiences like Aurea and drink menus posted on CC by fellow members.

Drink comparison chart on MSC USA website: https://www.msccruisesusa.com/en-us/Assets/All-Inclusive%20Drink%20Package%20Comparison%20Guide.pdf

I booked online and nobody contacted me to upsell the drink package. I never thought that there is a need to upgrade since "Unlimited complimentary beverages" and "Gourmet dining" gives me the top service of YC. I understand that the drinks marked with 2"**" & champagne & specialty restaurants are extra cost.

So it was the Premium package that is included in the Yacht Club experience?

Yes ... it was introduced in April 2017. We've since done 2 cruises in YC and the Deluxe package is definitely included for YC bookings (despite the fact that MSC does not indicate this anywhere, which is why the subject keeps cropping up).

When I was talking to a rep directly about YC she also indicated that for $56/pp (not per day, but cruise) we could upgrade to the premium package. Lots of reps are saying/doing this. (PS - we didn't book YC :)

When I was talking to a rep directly about YC she also indicated that for $56/pp (not per day, but cruise) we could upgrade to the premium package. Lots of reps are saying/doing this. (PS - we didn't book YC :)

Why would you "upgrade" an All-inclusive-package ? What is premium in the premium package ?

I don't understand...:(

There is no "premium package" item listed in my YC reservation (MSC Seaview, Western Med, Sept 2018) as extra/additional.

Why would you "upgrade" an All-inclusive-package ? What is premium in the premium package ?

I don't understand...:(

There is no "premium package" item listed in my YC reservation (MSC Seaview, Western Med, Sept 2018) as extra/additional.

You can't upgrade the included package in a YC booking as it IS the highest (deluxe/premium) drinks package and not the (basic) Classic all-inclusive drinks package.