Eating in P.V. Mexico. Restaurant recommendation?

** Please post your recommendations ONLY in response to request...do not start a new thread. Thanks!
Mexican Riviera
Includes: Acapulco, Cabo San Lucas, Loreto, Manzanillo, Mazatlan, Pichilingue/La Paz, Puerto Vallarta, Topolobampo & Zihuatanejo/Ixtapa, Mexico

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 08:54 PM.
Phoenix, AZ
3,404 Posts
Joined Sep 2006
Originally posted by Kingofcool1947
On the Grand 9/25/16 Mexico cruise with port stop in P?V.

Is this a good restaurant?

https://www.yahoo.com/news/gunmen-ab...783.html?nhp=1
We ate at Viejo Vallarta. Great view of water. I think its near the seahorse statue.
It's upstairs and there is no elevator. But it's a wonderful Seaview and the food was really good. We took the city bus right near the cruise terminal and it drops you off near the Malecon.
If you go under the Mexico boards/forum on cruise critic ,hopefully you can find lots of information about P.V.
Julie
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
August 1981 American Hawaii Cruises-Family Cruise
1987 KD Rhine River Cruise-Germany -Couples Cruise
1989 Holland America-Rotterdam to Alaska-Couples Cruise
1995 Carnival-Fascination to S. Caribbean-Couples Cruise
2003 Disney Cruises- Wonder to Bahamas-Family Cruise
September 30,2006 Diamond Princess to Mexican Riviera-"Girls Cruise"
September 29,2007 Crown Princess to New England & Canada-"Girls Cruise"
April 25,2009 Sapphire Princess to Mexican Riviera-"Girls Cruise"(Did not go to Mexico due to Swine Flu)
October 17, 2009 Caribbean Princess to New England/Canada- 21st Wedding Anniversary trip; Couples cruise
April 18, 2010- Caribbean Princess to S. Caribbean-"Girls Cruise"
August 30, 2010-Star Princess to Scandinavia & Russia-Couples Cruise (Julie's Birthday cruise)
August 31, 2011- Island Princess to Alaska(cruise tour on 8-28)-Couples Cruise(Julie's birthday)
May 12, 2012 -Sapphire Princess-Wine Country Coastal from LA to Vancouver - "Girls cruise"
November 9,2013-Caribbean Princess to Western Caribbean for our 25th anniversary
December 6, 2014-Crown Princess to Mexican Riviera-Couples Cruise X 4
November 1, 2015- Ruby Princess to California Coast-Couples Cruise + 1 couple (our Anniversary)
April 30, 2016-Crown Princess LA to Vancouver-Couples Cruise + 1 couple
November 13, 2016-Regal Princess to Eastern Caribbean with St. Maarten (our 28th W. Anniversary)
April 2017 NCL Jewel(first on NCL) to Mexico-"Girls cruise"
November 4, 2017-Ruby Princess to California Coast -Couples Cruise + 1 couple (our 29th W. Anniversary)
November 2019-Island Princess to Panama Canal

arizonaperson-Julie & Ron
4 Posts
Joined May 2016

It's one of my favorites here in Mexico, I travel once a year for work to Puerto Vallarta and every time I get a chance I go there.
The menu changes daily depending on the fresh ingredients they got for the day but also some dishes are always there.
1,971 Posts
Joined Oct 2014
Originally posted by hosscow
Sounds like an adventure.

We ate at the Blue Shrimp, was excellent.
I ate lunch at the Blue Shrimp on Mexico cruise two years ago. Had garlic shrimp, and it was great. But, a family sitting at the table next to me had a huge platter of GIANT fried shrimp. That's what I'm going to order this time.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
La dolce vita!
Non mancarmi di rispetto, ragazzo! Lo ti ucciderò!

Inland Empire, CA
10,850 Posts
Joined Jul 2009

It is rated #18 out of 775 restaurants rated by Trip Advisor in PV. Too bad to have something like that happen
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Upcoming Cruise: 09/18 - Golden Princess - Hawaii, Tahiti & South Pacific Crossing
Past Cruises: 11/17 - Ruby Princess - 4 Day Coastal w/Catalina; 11/16 - Pacific Princess - Adriatic & Aegean Connoisseur; 12/15 - Pacific Princess - 50th Anniversary Mexican Riviera; 2/15 - Crown Princess - 4 Day Coastal w/Santa Barbara; 09/14 - Regal Princess - Grand Med (Left cruise in Mykonos after 6 days due to family medical issue at home); 03/14 - Grand Princess - 10 Day Mexico from SF; 01/14 - Sapphire Princess - 4 Day Coastal w/Catalina; 06/13 - Emerald Princess - Baltic; 01/13 - Island Princess - Panama Canal; 09/12 - Coral Princess - Pacific Coastal; 09/12 - Golden Princess - Inside Passage (B2B Glacier Bay & Tracy Arm); 09/11 - Sapphire Princess - California Coastal; 04/11 - Sapphire Princess - Mexican Riviera; 08/10 - Coral Princess - Voyage of the Glaciers; 03/10 - Star Princess - Valparaiso to Buenos Aires (The Shortened Post Earthquake Cruise); 02/10 - Star Princess - Buenos Aires to Valparaiso around Cape Horn (the Chilean Earthquake Cruise); 10/09 - Golden Princess - Hawaii; 11/07 - Golden Princess - Mexican Riviera; 02/07 - Grand Princess - Western Caribbean from Galveston; 04/06 - Coral Princess - Panama Canal RT from FLL; 10/04 - Golden Princess - Southern Caribbean Explorer from San Juan; 05/02 - Carnival Fantasy - Bahamas (3 Night)
COLORADO
60,402 Posts
Joined Jan 2004
It can happen anywhere in Mexico.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Keith
Princess Elite Member

67 Princess Cruises

USNS HARKNESS T-AGS 32
1,971 Posts
Joined Oct 2014
Originally posted by Lucky TGO
You can eat there but don't drink the water
Tony
Tony, did you experience bad digestive issues " Montezsumas Revenge"? What did you eat in P.V.? At a Princess recommended restaurant? OMG.

What's bad about drinking the water served at Princess recommended reputable P.V. restaurants and other ports of call? How about ice?

So, is it ok to have the fresh made ice cream or fruit slices served from the carts?
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
La dolce vita!

Inland Empire, CA
10,850 Posts
Joined Jul 2009
So, is it ok to have the fresh made ice cream or fruit slices served from the carts?
I assume that you are just asking the question to stir up the water, but we have watched them in the hot sun slicing up the fruit on those carts and as a result we give those carts a wide berth. We also don't buy sliced fruits from roadside vendors in Southern California.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Upcoming Cruise: 09/18 - Golden Princess - Hawaii, Tahiti & South Pacific Crossing
Past Cruises: 11/17 - Ruby Princess - 4 Day Coastal w/Catalina; 11/16 - Pacific Princess - Adriatic & Aegean Connoisseur; 12/15 - Pacific Princess - 50th Anniversary Mexican Riviera; 2/15 - Crown Princess - 4 Day Coastal w/Santa Barbara; 09/14 - Regal Princess - Grand Med (Left cruise in Mykonos after 6 days due to family medical issue at home); 03/14 - Grand Princess - 10 Day Mexico from SF; 01/14 - Sapphire Princess - 4 Day Coastal w/Catalina; 06/13 - Emerald Princess - Baltic; 01/13 - Island Princess - Panama Canal; 09/12 - Coral Princess - Pacific Coastal; 09/12 - Golden Princess - Inside Passage (B2B Glacier Bay & Tracy Arm); 09/11 - Sapphire Princess - California Coastal; 04/11 - Sapphire Princess - Mexican Riviera; 08/10 - Coral Princess - Voyage of the Glaciers; 03/10 - Star Princess - Valparaiso to Buenos Aires (The Shortened Post Earthquake Cruise); 02/10 - Star Princess - Buenos Aires to Valparaiso around Cape Horn (the Chilean Earthquake Cruise); 10/09 - Golden Princess - Hawaii; 11/07 - Golden Princess - Mexican Riviera; 02/07 - Grand Princess - Western Caribbean from Galveston; 04/06 - Coral Princess - Panama Canal RT from FLL; 10/04 - Golden Princess - Southern Caribbean Explorer from San Juan; 05/02 - Carnival Fantasy - Bahamas (3 Night)
COLORADO
60,402 Posts
Joined Jan 2004
Tony, did you experience bad digestive issues " Montezsumas Revenge"? What did you eat in P.V.? At a Princess recommended restaurant? OMG.

What's bad about drinking the water served at Princess recommended reputable P.V. restaurants and other ports of call? How about ice?

Princess has no control of a restaurants water.
You take a chance drinking the water/ice in Mexico.
Its bottled water and drinks for us when we stop in ports there.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Keith
Princess Elite Member

67 Princess Cruises

USNS HARKNESS T-AGS 32
585 Posts
Joined Sep 2005
Originally posted by riclop
Some people get sick eating in PV.
And some people get sick eating in Dallas, Kansas City, New Orleans, Chicago.....
COLORADO
60,402 Posts
Joined Jan 2004
Originally posted by MrMan
And some people get sick eating in Dallas, Kansas City, New Orleans, Chicago.....

But we are not talking about those places.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Keith
Princess Elite Member

67 Princess Cruises

USNS HARKNESS T-AGS 32
Chelsea MA
5,364 Posts
Joined Mar 2014
Originally posted by MrMan
I got sick in Boston does that count
Tony
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
SoCal
7,221 Posts
Joined Jul 2011
Originally posted by riclop
Some people get sick eating in PV.
I have eaten in PV a bunch of times and (knock on wood) never gotten sick. I have been trying to remember the names of some restaurants there, but I can't. The best I can do is "that place on the beach near the pier with the sails." LOL. There is also a good place at the Marina where we saw a crocodile lounging in the water right near our table. You can get some food seafood in PV (well, not crocodile, lol.)
1,971 Posts
Joined Oct 2014
Originally posted by IECalCruiser
I assume that you are just asking the question to stir up the water, but we have watched them in the hot sun slicing up the fruit on those carts and as a result we give those carts a wide berth. We also don't buy sliced fruits from roadside vendors in Southern California.
Actually wrong assumption.

Have a nice day, and may you cruise in interesting times.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
La dolce vita!

886 Posts
Joined Feb 2009
If I may, I can recommend a very nice little restaurant in the PV area for those tough enough to brave the water.

Ocean Grill
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

2017 Crown Princess - Southern Caribbean -- 2016 HAL Oosterdam - Adriatic Dream -- 2016 Ruby Princess - Mexican Riviera -- 2015 Carnival Sunshine - Eastern Caribbean Journeys -- 2015 Norwegian Dawn - Western Caribbean -- 2015 Carnival Dream - Western Caribbean -- 2014 Sapphire Princess - Mexican Riviera -- 2013 Emerald Princess - Southern Caribbean Medley -- 2013 Star Princess - Alaska/Glacier Bay -- 2010 Royal Princess - Tahiti and French Polynesia -- 2009 Caribbean Princess - Classic Southern Caribbean