Crown Royal ( booze)

bidtrips

I have never seen this question..so here goes.

Is there any special Crown Royal that can be purchased in Canada and not in US?

Secondly, if I buy some Crown in Vancouver is it going to be cheaper than buying on board (assuming I can buy it on on board) ?

Lastly, If I do buy in Vancouver pre-cruise can I be sure they will only store it and not KEEP it for when we depart?

thanks

Well I did some research,(should have done this first) Crown Royal Limited Edition is available ONLY in Canada. So I guess that means it will not be available on the ship.

So, If I buy some in Vancouver and carry it on, will they store it for me and I will get it back at departure? or will they keep it and I will never see it again?:mad:

Well I did some research,(should have done this first) Crown Royal Limited Edition is available ONLY in Canada. So I guess that means it will not be available on the ship.

So, If I buy some in Vancouver and carry it on, will they store it for me and I will get it back at departure? or will they keep it and I will never see it again?:mad:

Its a prohibited item. I would it carry it on or put it in your suitcase.

The Passage Contract appears to state that alcohol other than wine or champagne will be removed at embarkation and discarded, but that alcohol brought on at ports will be held until the last night of the voyage. There have been reports of alcohol being removed at embarkation but they are somewhat old. It would be good to have someone post with actual recent experience.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Which cruise line?

From the OP's posting history, it looks like they are on the Coral Princess to Alaska next May...

Princess' policy only allows you to bring a bottle of wine each onboard...Hard liquor is not allowed and to be confiscated during boarding...even if found in your suitcase.

Since the itinerary goes one way starting in Vancouver, ending in Alaska, the embarkation is their only chance to purchase in Canada. I believe you can check it with the ship and retrieve it at the end of the cruise...

• 4 months later...

Thank you all for your help.

I think we are going to take our chances, buy it and declare it right away, explaining that it is a gift to be taken home,and ask that they hold it for us.

If they take it, they take it. :')

Just declare it on boarding and they will store it til you disembark.

Bingo! Sneaking stuff on versus being up-front about it are two different things. We've done it several times on RCCL and I suspect most lines follow the same general policy. We've purchased rum in Caribbean for taking home and declared it at the security scanner and they put it in a special bag with a tag for our cabin number and then store it. They had a whole cart of bottles in bags. It is always delivered to our cabin the last evening. Did the same in Barcelona and the bottle was delivered at cruise end for us to enjoy in Rome.