Part of Group booking, is an upgrade possible?

Akaicb

Hello,

I am part of a large group that has done a group booking with Royal.

I'm wondering has Royal ever upgraded any of these types of cabins?

Would it be treated the same as when a travel agency gets a block of rooms?

I'm not even sure if I can call and ask for an upgrade in this instance since I did not book directly with them.

Thanks,

Kim

You would have to call whoever booked your cruise to check for an upgrade. It's possible, but very unlikely.

Ok, that is what I thought but since I have never booked that way before I usually book directly. I was hoping others might have some insight if they had booked with a group that is not a travel agent.

Thanks,

Kim

Hello,

I'm not even sure if I can call and ask for an upgrade in this instance since I did not book directly with them.

Thanks,

Kim

You might have to be taken out of the group to do it. You would lose the group perks

Typically, the best way to upgrade is to check before and after the final payment date and see if they have a lower published fare (or a slightly higher one) for a higher stateroom category. Since you are on a group booking, I don't see how that is possible. However, I have seen Guest Services (on rare occasion) offer reduced rate upgrades the day after embarkation and you probably could qualify for that deal.

Hello,

Thanks,

Kim

If your booking was done into a Group as an individual booking, you can call Royal and they will speak with you. If the group was made with a TA, only the TA can make the call.

As far as upgrading, you can do that. You are not locked into your cabin or category and Royal would always be open to increased revenue.

Someone mentioned that you would lose perks or Group Amenities. This is not true provided you were upgrading using one of Royal's typical standard fare codes that support the Group Amenities.

Upgrading using rates like BOGO, 123 Free, Resident, Senior or Military are combineable with Group Amenities.

Upgrading using rates like WoW Sale, Interline, Travel Agent Friends and Family, Going Going Gone are not combineable with Groups. You would be detached from the Group and lose your perks and amenities.... You can still dine together.

Also, you can not upgrade into a Guarantee, like say an X Balcony Guarantee or W suite guarantee and retain the perks. A cabin must be assigned for any reservation to be inside a Group.

Good Luck!!

Edited by AdGuyMG

Hello,

Just to clarify after reading your post again, are you wondering if Royal Caribbean will call you to offer a free upgrade from your current cabin?

Or are you asking if you can contact Royal Caribbean and offer to pay for a higher category of cabin and upgrade yourself?

The answer I provided you above was based on you contacting them to pay more for a higher category of cabin.