Adventure to Hana on Celebrity Solstice

Pixelperson

The only way to get to Hana is on the road to Hana. The bus/van trip is on a long, narrow, winding road, many bridges, views of waterfalls, etc. The experience is the trip, not Hana itself.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

And the OP may want to compare the coast of an excursion with a car rental - it's nice to be able to stop anywhere you wish for a photo or a walk on the beach.

Has anyone taken the Adventure to Hana Excursion in Maui on the Solstice? We want to be sure this takes us on the road to Hana.

I took the Celebrity excursion (2015) and it was great. Small mini bus. Driver/guide was excellent and he pulled off many times to let us see things.

As others said -- it is the only way to get to Hana. Some of the road is barely a road (think dirt with a bit of gravel). Warning from Celebrity that if you had a bad back etc. that this might not be the tour for you. One of the best tours I have had with Celebrity (other than the tall ship excursion in the Caribbean this past January).

The Celebrity excursion tends to sell out quickly, so if you are thinking about it I would book it on line. The friend I was travelling with at the time, waited too long and it was sold out.

• 11 months later...
I took the Celebrity excursion (2015) and it was great. Small mini bus. Driver/guide was excellent and he pulled off many times to let us see things.

As others said -- it is the only way to get to Hana. Some of the road is barely a road (think dirt with a bit of gravel). Warning from Celebrity that if you had a bad back etc. that this might not be the tour for you. One of the best tours I have had with Celebrity (other than the tall ship excursion in the Caribbean this past January).

The Celebrity excursion tends to sell out quickly, so if you are thinking about it I would book it on line. The friend I was travelling with at the time, waited too long and it was sold out.

Do you remember if this tour goes around the island or the return from Hana is by the same way to go there?

Do you remember if this tour goes around the island or the return from Hana is by the same way to go there?

About 6 years ago we took one tour that went past Hana and all the way around the island. The road looks scary in spots, but it the scenery is what I like an astronaut said of the moon: "Magnificent Desolation." The tour also stopped at Lindbergh's grave and a winery for a taste of pineapple wine.

Once again there was at least one bridge closed in late June so the total route was unavailable.

That's one trip I wouldn't do in a tour bus. A small van yes.

The problem with a rental car is the poor driver misses the best views unless a passenger or two "urges" the driver to pull over.

A good guide/driver makes it a great excursion.

Once again there was at least one bridge closed in late June so the total route was unavailable.

That's one trip I wouldn't do in a tour bus. A small van yes.

The problem with a rental car is the poor driver misses the best views unless a passenger or two "urges" the driver to pull over.

A good guide/driver makes it a great excursion.

I have to disagree with this. We did this with a rental car on a land based trip. We were able to head out earlier than the tours, and stopped at SO many more places. There are excellent audio tours you can download. We watched all these vans and busses wiz by some amazing viewing and quick stop locations. Also, very few of the tours went to the waterfalls and pools.

Sent from my SM-G930U using Forums mobile app