Best beach for chill out day in St Lucia

01abigail

Most cruise passengers head for Reduit Beach at Rodney Bay - there's a great place on the beach to eat - Spinnaker's - you can hire sun loungers and umberella. It's only a short taxi ride from Castries. Enjoy!

You can also try Ti Kaye resort on Anse Cochon with Island Divers. They have package prices for snorkelers and divers, with or without rental equipment. It includes transportation to/from the ship and lunch. We did this in February 2006 and really enjoyed it. I was able to scuba dive while my wife snorkeled. We're going back there for the day in February 2007.

http://www.islanddiversstlucia.com/schedule.htm

Go about 3/4 down the page for their package prices.

You do not have to travel over any mountain to go to Ti Kaye. Island Divers will transport you by water and it takes 30-45 minutes. Transportation is included in the cost of the excursion. They pick up up at Point Seraphine dock, right behind where the cruise ship docks.

Highly, highly recommend Ti Kaye through Island Divers!!! Wonderful, friendly people, a spectacular setting, easy to arrange and reasonable...plus a funky beach bar with GREAT rum punches and good food. Ti Kaye Village (up the stairs - a long hot climb but worth it!) is just beautiful. Good snorkeling too. I wish I was back there right now. Go. You will not be sorry, I promise!!!

Gene

• 5 months later...

redshoe,

I'm not so sure that Ti Kaye Resort has any control over who goes to the beach (Anse Cochon). The resort just happens to be located there. You might want to contact Island Divers direct and see what they say. I'm quite sure they do NOT have babysitting available though.

Archived