on-board credit not shown

hop2it

Our travel agency offered a $400 credit, which is listed on the invoice. But the Princess website section where the credit should appear has removed any mention of it, even though it showed there earlier. Could someone please explain (or speculate) what's going on. I did not receive a fare reduction. (The travel agency says it "should be added later" but that doesn't seem very definitive.) Thanks.

OBC from a travel agency or self gifted never shows up in your cruise personalizer. It will show when you get onboard - there should be notification in your room when you arrive.

It has been there for us both times, but it does leave you wondering.

Don

I would take a copy of your invoice with you and be prepared to go to guest services or the pursers office with "proof" if necessary. Also bring a phone number/contact info of your TA just in case.

I'm sure it won't be a problem though.

Please don't run down to the purser's desk the very first minute that you get on the ship. Sometimes OBC takes a day to appear on your account.

Correct. The first time this happened to me I ran down to the purser's desk and the nice lady let me call my TA on their phone. My TA told me if the OBC didn't show up they'd send me a check.

However it appeared in a couple of days.

In the past we never saw any TA credit on the Personalizer, but recently we have. All of my upcoming cruises show the TA credit as a separate line item. I don't know if this is from a promotion Princess is 'sponsoring' and thus it shows up, or if all TA credit now does. (I believe all the TA credit I have is due to group space, but am not positive.)

Have never had the OBC from my TA show up in my personalizer but it usually appears in the account on my first day aboard. Don't go to the pursers but print out your account on the machine by the desk and check it there. Much easier.

On our last cruise, my TA told me not to worry about it not showing up, he guaranteed it. And it did show up onboard.

He also said if it somehow did not show up, do not let that ruin your cruise. Just contact him afterwards, and he would take care of it with the cruise line.

Edited by ontheweb
added a word to make it make sense