Langkawi Skycab & Oriental Village excursion through RCCL Mariner

debshomespun

We will be visiting Langkawi from Mariner of the Seas this November. Has anyone done the Langkawi Skycab & Oriental Village excursion through the RCCL Mariner of the Seas? If so how was it? There is not a write up under the excursions on the RC website, nor on our cruiseplanner. I was wanting to know if the excursion goes to the top platform, is there time to walk on the skybridge?

• 2 weeks later...

You definatly want to get to the top platform. Alas, we were there for several days a few years ago and it was closed for construction. we only could go part way up. Highly recommend it though.

We were on an independent land trip. We simply hired a taxi driver for a day to tour us around. Forget what we paid but it was very reasonable. Plus, there was only the two of us so we could make changes to our itinerary on the fly.

• 2 weeks later...

I went to Langkawi on a separate trip, not via cruise. Some of the videos I made going up Skycab.

Part 1- going up via SKycab.

[YOUTUBE]kqG0bJ2fNQU[/YOUTUBE]

Part 2 - going right up to the Top Peak station.

[YOUTUBE]EpuMdSZI3mw[/YOUTUBE]

Part 3 - Rollercoaster on a hill? No, this was called the Inclinator.

[YOUTUBE]Ri0ETb28WK0[/YOUTUBE]

Part 4 - Walking on the Langkawi Curved Bridge. Weather was good when I got there.

[YOUTUBE]O9YutXfEEQE[/YOUTUBE]

Beware that the place could get very crowded. Worthwhile to get those VIP tickets that allow you to jump to the front of the cable car queue. However, if you are on the ship's tour, then you should be very safe since the ship won't leave without you.

Have a great trip.

• 7 months later...
I went to Langkawi on a separate trip, not via cruise. Some of the videos I made going up Skycab.

Part 1- going up via SKycab.

kqG0bJ2fNQU

Part 2 - going right up to the Top Peak station.

EpuMdSZI3mw

Part 3 - Rollercoaster on a hill? No, this was called the Inclinator.

Ri0ETb28WK0

Part 4 - Walking on the Langkawi Curved Bridge. Weather was good when I got there.

O9YutXfEEQE

Beware that the place could get very crowded. Worthwhile to get those VIP tickets that allow you to jump to the front of the cable car queue. However, if you are on the ship's tour, then you should be very safe since the ship won't leave without you.

Have a great trip.

Thanks for sharing your amazing videos. I'm going to be in Langkawi for a day, how long should I allow for a trip to the sky bridge? Will probably pay for VIP tickets :D

we just grabbed a driver for 5 hours off the ship for about $80 (for the entire van). we spend over 3 hours at the cable car then walked through the shops for a few minutes. there is an "elevator" that takes you from the top cable car area down to the platform that had a half hour wait. if you want to walk down the steps it is much faster. I'd recommend the fresh mango juice--really thick and cold on a hot day!