UPGRADE TO PREMIUM..Is it possible? Yea or Nay!!

garda

Hi Everyone!

I have tried unsuccessfully to have this question answered by MSC, so my next step is to ask the experts!!

Question to anyone and everyone that has been on the Divina from Miami.

If booking AUREA balcony, am I able to upgrade my beverage package to PREMIUM?

If so, please could you give me a ball park figure of what it will cost per day.

Thank You

I am trying to upgrade before my cruise to save the 15% but my TA told me it isn't possible to do before hand or on the ship. I see that many of you have successfully done it in the past. I am booked on a 10 day on the Divina in January. Can anybody help me with how to go about upgrading the package. I saw a code posted above do I give that to my TA or is there somewhere online I can plug it in?

Edited by joeyjeremiah

I am trying to upgrade before my cruise to save the 15% but my TA told me it isn't possible to do before hand or on the ship. I see that many of you have successfully done it in the past. I am booked on a 10 day on the divina in January. Can anybody help me with how to go abouts upgrading the package. I saw a code posted above do I give that to my TA or is there somewhere online I can plug it in?

There's no facility online for upgrading drinks packages. Your TA will have to pursue it with MSC on your behalf. The code for the deluxe (premium) package is 536.

So it worked. My TA said that he spoke to a different person at msc who said it wasn't an advertised option but with the code mentioned above my TA was able to have it added to my booking for an extra $8 pp a day. Thanks for your help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Delighted to hear it, JJ!

It's very frustrating when you want something that others have no problem getting and MSC says "No can do". Myself and another poster on here have both been given misinformation recently (on different subjects) from a supervisor in the UK office who's 12 years working for MSC. There's something wrong when the customer knows more than the reps ..... and their bosses!

Update on the drink package upgrade, I to have booked the seaside for May 2018 when I called I was told you cannot upgrade the drink package in a not so friendly way, I hung up a bit $%$## off so I called later that afternoon and spoke to Michelle to cancel, when asked why I explained the above problem. She told me the girl I spoke with earlier was WRONG. So to anyone sailing from Miami to the Caribbean here are the MSC codes for the drink upgrade are 536UPGAD−UPGRADE 534 − 536 − which came to $56.PP and the code to prepay gratuities is SCCARSO1−SERVICE CHARGE − $87.50 PP if anyone tells you different then speak to someone else.

PS the call was to MSC directly

17 Cruises and counting plus 5 future cruises booked!!!! clear.png?emoji-smile-1742

I only booked a cruise today with Aurea package. When i asked about upgrade i was told i'd need to pay full price of the package as no upgrade possible. So do i just ring MSC closer to my cruise date and keep trying til i get someone who knows what they're talking about in order to upgrade?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Forums mobile app

I only booked a cruise today with Aurea package. When i asked about upgrade i was told i'd need to pay full price of the package as no upgrade possible. So do i just ring MSC closer to my cruise date and keep trying til i get someone who knows what they're talking about in order to upgrade?

If you booked directly with MSC, then you can contact them directly. If not, you have to get your TA to do it for you. Either way, it is definitely possible to upgrade the drinks package.

We have the all-inclusive on our upcoming December cruise and were given the option to upgrade when our TA enquired for us. (We've decided not to for reasons I've posted elsewhere on the subject of the new 2-tier pricing system).

I've also upgraded the package on an Aurea booking I made directly with MSC. I just emailed them and they added the code onto the booking. The unusual element of this is that we'll have to pay for the upgrade before we sail whereas, being from Ireland, it was always added onto our onboard account as a charge.

If you booked directly with MSC, then you can contact them directly. If not, you have to get your TA to do it for you. Either way, it is definitely possible to upgrade the drinks package.

We have the all-inclusive on our upcoming December cruise and were given the option to upgrade when our TA enquired for us. (We've decided not to for reasons I've posted elsewhere on the subject of the new 2-tier pricing system).

I've also upgraded the package on an Aurea booking I made directly with MSC. I just emailed them and they added the code onto the booking. The unusual element of this is that we'll have to pay for the upgrade before we sail whereas, being from Ireland, it was always added onto our onboard account as a charge.

Thanks for that, so it'll probably be added to my onboard account as i booked from Ireland then? Booked direct with MSC

Thanks for that, so it'll probably be added to my onboard account as i booked from Ireland then? Booked direct with MSC

TBH, the facility to upgrade prior to embarkation has only been introduced relatively recently so I misspoke in my last post about it being added onto the onboard account. I was thinking generally about how pre-booked items aren't charged for us in Ireland until onboard - sorry.clear.png?emoji-embarrass-1727

I would email them @ mscdirect@msccruises.co.uk - I imagine you'll get a reply from Stuart Chalmers. He's great to deal with. Just inform them that you're looking to upgrade from 534 to 536 and ask what it will cost. If you're on a 7 night cruise with Euros as the currency onboard, the difference in price is €24 pppd = €336 for 2 pax.

TBH, the facility to upgrade prior to embarkation has only been introduced relatively recently so I misspoke in my last post about it being added onto the onboard account. I was thinking generally about how pre-booked items aren't charged for us in Ireland until onboard - sorry.clear.png?emoji-embarrass-1727

I would email them @ mscdirect@msccruises.co.uk - I imagine you'll get a reply from Stuart Chalmers. He's great to deal with. Just inform them that you're looking to upgrade from 534 to 536 and ask what it will cost. If you're on a 7 night cruise with Euros as the currency onboard, the difference in price is €24 pppd = €336 for 2 pax.

24 Euro pppd seems outrageous to upgrade. Previously on this thread (and elsewhere), it has been quoted $56 USD pp total to upgrade for a week. That is quite a discrepancy in pricing.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

24 Euro pppd seems outrageous to upgrade. Previously on this thread (and elsewhere), it has been quoted $56 USD pp total to upgrade for a week. That is quite a discrepancy in pricing.

Depends on the itinerary and length of cruise.

For cruises of <9 nights, when Euros are the currency onboard, the basic drinks package is €26 pppd and the premium is €50pppd.

The rate you're quoting is for when US$ is the currency onboard. The difference between the 2 packages is less in that case.

Contd ...........

For example: on our 31 day Divina cruise, the per diem for the basic package is $38 and $44 for the premium. That's only a difference of $6 pppd.

Those prices are for cruises of 9+ nights and come into effect from Winter 2017. For shorter cruises the per diem rate is higher.

Oh my Goodness! Third time I call and they will not upgrade to Premium unless you pay for the complete package!! Why would anyone book Aurea then???

If anyone on this board know who I need to contact, I will appreciate it!

FYI- Divina Feb 15- Aurea Balcony and want to upgrade beverage package to premium

Sent from my iPhone using Forums