Pacific Eden 16/9/17

Hello

there is no roll call for this cruise :-(

anyone else going?

any hints or tips for Pacific Eden? we are on deck 5 mid ship window. our first p & o cruise. i did a royal cruise in 2015 singapore to dubai. my cabin mate has done msc and holland america. we are not expecting much but we figure it has to be ok otherwise p & o would not be in business :-)

anything you would recommend in PNG? never been there before so looking forward to the adventure :-)

we picked this cruise as only cruise line in australia in sep and its our birthday week :-)

many thanks :-)

Our last cruise was on Queen Mary 2, and we have previously cruised with Royal Caribbean, Celebrity, Holland America, Oceania, Carnival and APT. Booked this one at last minute to go with some friends (she is celebrating a milestone birthday), so we will hopefully make it a great cruise. Will be going with a positive attitude and expectations matched to the bargain price we secured.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Just returned from 8 night West Coast cruise on Pacific Eden. After reading many negative reviews I was once again glad I took no notice of them in deciding whether to risk another P &O cruise. Had a great cruise and I thought it was great value for money. It is certainly not Princess, RCI or Celibrity but the fares reflect that. I would certainly cruise on Pacific Eden again. One tip sunscreen is certainly needed as there is not much shade at either the Lido Pool or the Oasis Pool.. I am sure you will have a great time .

Thanks Wyuna1, glad you enjoyed it. We are doing the 9 night Kimberley Explorer cruise next Tuesday and am sure it will be fine. Not expecting Cunard quality at a P&O price.

Hello Wyuna1

thankyou for your reply. the written reviews raise eyebrows, but youtube videos give the eden a more favourable view point. I am glad you enjoyed the cruise. will ensure i pack the suncream, i can go lobster red rather quickly! :-)

Hi Philmac

enjoy your cruise next week :-)

Thank you Catjim :-) kangaroo island is amazing! i drove by myself from alice springs about 4 years ago in a getz and spent about 5 days there. totally totally amazing place!

Thank you Catjim :-) kangaroo island is amazing! i drove by myself from alice springs about 4 years ago in a getz and spent about 5 days there. totally totally amazing place!

Didn't actually get on to Kangaroo Island as it was too rough. Only got to 'admire from afar'. Wasn't a big deal as it was more about the cruise really. Might visit there some time in the future.

Just into our third day on Pacific Eden. Would have no hesitation in recommending it. Despite the negative reviews, we are thoroughly enjoying it. Had dinner last night at the Dragon Lady - outstanding food and service. Would be one of the best fee-free restaurant meals I have ever had on a cruise. Service throughout the ship has been exemplary. Anyone gotta go as there is a beer with my name on it [emoji482]

Hi glad to hear you enjoyed Eden just wondering we are going on our first cruise in dec for new year cruise 12 days . Couple of questions to anyone that has been on the Eden do you pay for drinks during meal times water soft drink etc I know you pay for alcohol but not sure of anything else is it a good idea to get drinks package as I do like a good couple of coffees a day also we have a 15yr old in our cabin that I think is sleeping on the lounge he is 6foot will he be comfortable . Sorry to ask so many questions but really excited thanks in advance:cool:

Water is served free and available for self serve at most bays. Soft drinks you pay for cans were $2.75 and they usually just take your cruis card for payment.

We like to drink but would not get the value out of a drinks package.

Coffees were $4 I think.

My daughter had the sofa bed in a triple share room with no complaints.

Enjoy your cruise.

Hi glad to hear you enjoyed Eden just wondering we are going on our first cruise in dec for new year cruise 12 days . Couple of questions to anyone that has been on the Eden do you pay for drinks during meal times water soft drink etc I know you pay for alcohol but not sure of anything else is it a good idea to get drinks package as I do like a good couple of coffees a day also we have a 15yr old in our cabin that I think is sleeping on the lounge he is 6foot will he be comfortable . Sorry to ask so many questions but really excited thanks in advance:cool:

The coffee in the Waterfront is free at mealtimes, as is water. The coffee from the machines in the Pantry is FOUL! Drink at your peril.

Enjoy your cruise.

Hi Snoopy

I'll be on this cruise too. Booked it yesterday when friends I met on a previous cruise said that they'd just booked it. I convinced a girlfriend to join me in about 5 minutes flat. It'll be her first cruise and my 11th. Poor hubby's got a new job and doesn't have enough leave.

I'll go looking for a roll-call and will start one if I can't find one.

Cheers

Cassandra

Yep the coffee from the machines is not great. We managed to make it semi-decent by going for the short black option, putting two of those in the one mug and then adding some cold or hot milk. Not great but not as foul as the flat white option.