Anyone use Caribbean Day Pass for Aruba?

dizkids

Has anyone ever used Caribbean Day Pass website for Aruba's all inclusive Barcelo (formerly Occidental ) Grand Resort? I have seen on one site they offer day passes from 9-5 but i have also seen they offer 1-9PM and i am unsure about this sites reputation or getting accurate reviews. It mentions dinner at the Palms Restaurant bufet style at 6:00pm and i cant find any other pictures or reviews of any other food included such as a grill or beach bar. They also require payment in full where other companies usually ask for a deposit. I have emailed them but no response over the weekend. Any help appreciated thank you!

I am thinking about booking the afternoon day pass but am hesitant because of the payment in full. I think I will wait closer to the cruise to make a decision. You could google the hotel website to see what restaurants are available for lunch.

I have heard back via email from the company caribbean day pass. Was told they offer a 5% discount for groups on 12 or more and yes they do take a deposit of $15 and you pay in full at the hotel. This sounds better because they also say you get a full refund if they dont make it to port.

We always doubt the reliability of operators who require full payment as deposit. We avoid them, most especially that port visits may be cancelled for various reasons.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Forums mobile app

I would agree with this too. Its a gut feeling. I am happy that i found out they do take a deposit. thanks!

​Day/Evening Pass Rate

• Age 4 and Up - US$77.00 (deposit of $15; balance paid to hotel at check-in)
  • Age 3 and Under - Free

Inclusions:

• Unlimited meals, snacks & beverages
  • Full open bar with international brands 6 restaurants, 3 bars & 1 Disco with bar
  • Free-form pool with 2 whirlpool
  • Exercise room
  • Scuba introduction clinics
  • Daily activities program by the pool & beach area
  • Chaise lounges (as available) at the pool and beach areas
  • Towel service
  • Sports: 2 tennis courts, water volley tournaments, aqua aerobics, snorkeling and kayaking
  • Kids Club with supervised activities (ages 4–12)
  • Taxes & gratuities

​Day/Evening Pass Rate

• Age 4 and Up - US$77.00 (deposit of $15; balance paid to hotel at check-in)
  • Age 3 and Under - Free

Inclusions:

• Unlimited meals, snacks & beverages
  • Full open bar with international brands 6 restaurants, 3 bars & 1 Disco with bar
  • Free-form pool with 2 whirlpool
  • Exercise room
  • Scuba introduction clinics
  • Daily activities program by the pool & beach area
  • Chaise lounges (as available) at the pool and beach areas
  • Towel service
  • Sports: 2 tennis courts, water volley tournaments, aqua aerobics, snorkeling and kayaking
  • Kids Club with supervised activities (ages 4–12)
  • Taxes & gratuities

4 and up? I really think these resorts are trying to discourage families. Why in the world would a 4 year old cost the same as an adult? JMHO

Edited by ladylyn915
forgot something

No idea. Doesn't apply to us but I agree it is rather steep for a 4 year old!

4 and up? I really think these resorts are trying to discourage families. Why in the world would a 4 year old cost the same as an adult? JMHO

• 3 weeks later...
Voucher arrived by email about two days after I booked online.

Not sure when you are going to be there but will you post a review of it when you return? I'm thinking about doing this for my family. The pool looks like something my kids would enjoy.

Sent from my Pixel using Forums mobile app

• 3 weeks later...
So the website is in fact on the up and up? When do you go in Sept? Did you speak with anyone at Barcelo to be sure you had a spot? I have a group of 16 and we want to hook via this site but are afraid. lol. Thanks.

You don't have to book with them. Just contact Barcelo directly.

You don't have to book with them. Just contact Barcelo directly.[/quote

Yes, I get that. It is what we did in March but the times we want to be there do not fit into what we did last time. Also, it is much more expensive to go direct. This company contracts with them. Anyways, thanks but need info moreso from anyone that has used the company. :-).

I used Caribbean for a day dot com and it was great. I will say make sure you bring you deposit confirmation. Check in was a breeze. Had plenty places to sit close to the beach.

Not to mention you are near everything.

I would suggest eating before heading to the beach. Lunch is buffet style but inside a restaurant. Can not enter with swimsuit or wet. Beach Bar service was wonderful.

I owned a vacation club at Occidental which is the Barcelo.

You are NOT guaranteed a chair. (heck even people staying there are not guaranteed a chair.)

the took the bar down that was on the beach-- but the pool has a swim up bar and the pool is not far from the beach

The places for you to eat is at the buffet. No other place is opened until 5pm and there is a dress code for those.

im not sure about the 4 year old but starting at 7 we are charged the full rate for that child. from 2-6 it was 50% off.

they say the kids drink their weight in the frozen slushy drinks

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
We cruise in Sept so if that is soon enough for you I would be happy to let you know our experience!

How was your experience with Barcelo Aruba and Caribbean Day Pass? Trying to decide if I should pull the trigger for March.

• 3 weeks later...
We cruise in Sept so if that is soon enough for you I would be happy to let you know our experience!

Wondering how things went with caribbeandaypass.com as we will be cruising in March and are interested in doing one of the resorts for a day.