Doctor and Hospital

CherylFP

I assume that the Paul Gauguin has a doctor on board and am just wondering about the hospital facilities on board. My husband was recently taken to hospital from the Regent Seven Seas Navigator with heart failure and they had excellent hospital facilities on board. We're looking at a cruise next year so all will be well by then but it's just nice to know.

I assume that the Paul Gauguin has a doctor on board and am just wondering about the hospital facilities on board. My husband was recently taken to hospital from the Regent Seven Seas Navigator with heart failure and they had excellent hospital facilities on board. We're looking at a cruise next year so all will be well by then but it's just nice to know.

Yes there is a doctor on board and yes they have an emergency set up. What type of equipment they have is something you should ask PG directly and ask specific questions as to your husbands possible situation. Most of the islands have emergency hospitals and facilities to handle some other situations but anything major they send them to Tahiti after being stabilized.