club class mini suite

jamie15401

Royal Princess offers a club class mini suite that provides a few extra perks, ie expanded dining menu, no wait seating, wine, priority embarkation etc. Was wondering if anyone took advantage of the upgrade and if so, what makes the menu extra special or the upgrade itself extra special. Curious if it is worth the extra $210 per person. Thank you for any input!:)

For how long a cruise? If a one week cruise $30/pp/pd is an absolute bargain for having a reserved theoretically-no-wait section of the dining room for all meals (breakfast and sea-day lunch as well as dinner).

As always with opinions of food quality being so subjective, the reviews of the "extras" on the menu are predictably all over the map. Searching "Club Class" on this forum will yield plenty of them. But if the price difference for your cruise is that low I would jump on it just for the special section in the MDR and take the other perks as a bonus.

We just did Club Class on the Star Princess and loved the experience - found it very relaxing and just what we needed on this particular cruise. There are several benefits: first is cabin location - mid-ship convenience. For us, the real benefit was the uncrowded, very attentive and efficient service, with tables spaced further apart than in the MDR. We never waited to be seated, and usually had a premium window table. The menu is the basic MDR menu with the addition of 1 or 2 special items at each meal. These special items are usually, but not always, prepared on a special cart in the dining room. This is really not 'table-side' preparation as was sometimes advertised, but it is easily visible in the relatively small dining area. Specials at various meals included an exceptional Penne Pasta Carbonara, a Chateaubriand, a Sea Bass dish, blueberry pancakes, mushroom frittata, etc. Most of the comments I've read from people who have sailed in Club Class have been very positive, but a few have reported disappointing experiences.

As much as we enjoyed the experience, it can be overpriced and we'll only do it again if the price is right and we feel the need for a particularly relaxing, no-stress experience. For $210 per person, I'd definitely do it unless you're talking about a very short cruise.

I'm not sure if we had the new beds or not...ours was comfortable, but nothing I'd rave about. I just read that all new beds were being brought aboard the Star in San Pedro yesterday, but it's possible that Club Class had been done previously. The pillows were nice - very full, larger size, 1 firmer and 1 softer for each person.