Tuxedo rentals on QM2

MIKEinVA

Has anybody rented a tux aboard the QM2? Price? I would like to rent a tuxedo either from a local shop or through Cunard, but my total trip length is 16 days so I don't know that it would be advantageous to rent locally. Thanks!

Mike, I remember seeing pricing on board of over $180 if you had multiple formal nights to worry about. I believe it started around $100 for one night.

A very good alternative is a place like etuxedo.com where you can get a great Bill Blass tropical weight 100% wool package for $200 to $250.. I have dealt with them several times and they are great. Fantastic service, and you own it.. and it will be of at least the same, if not much better, quality than the rental.

Just an idea...

Took a Caribbean cruise on the QM2 in March. This is the information we were given about tux rentals. They cannot be reserved in advance. They are rented in the Mayfair Shop on the ship after you board. The cost is $170 which includes your tux jacket, pants, and cummerbund. This price is for the entire cruise regardless of the number of days. Shirts were available for purchase for approximately $25. The shirt included a tie, etc. The cost seemed high for a rental. I would recommend purchasing or renting whatever you need before the cruise. The QM2 is a wonderful ship. You are going to have a great experience!!

• 2 weeks later...

I bought my tux. It cost a total with everything down to the shoes and suspenders $160.00. The last cruise I rented one and it cost $150.00 and I had to give it back. Now I own my very own tux, and I'm a head of the game. I'm going back on the QM2 on March 9th and have a 5-day Bermuda booked on the Voyager of the Seas. I just saved at least $300 or more on rentals

Archived