Shuttle bus in Livorno.

cinnamon

We’ll be on Quest in early July. Is it safe to assume that Azamara provide a free shuttle to the town? If so, is it possible to be asked to be dropped off at the railway station instead of the usual town centre stop?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We’ll be on Quest in early July. Is it safe to assume that Azamara provide a free shuttle to the town? If so, is it possible to be asked to be dropped off at the railway station instead of the usual town centre stop?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

In Livorno Azamara usually berths at the coastguard station and a shuttle bus is not needed.

If that berth is not available a shuttle bus is provided by the port which drops people at Piazza Grande in the centre of town. Someone did tell me that the first shuttle of the day did drop people at the station but I don't know if this happens on every cruise. If not a tobacconist is located opposite the shuttle drop off where you can purchase bus tickets. A no 1 bus goes to the station.

When moored there car hire was available from the Quay. We explored Lucca and other towns with ease. Cat parked alongside overnight. To centre was walling distance. Great place to visit.

I’ve been to Livorno a couple of times on Azamara and we have docked closer in and then paid for a short shuttle to the town centre. From there you can get the number 1 bus (I think) to the station. A word of advice though Corinne. Forget that and just take a taxi from the port gate to the railway station. For the little extra and if there is more than one of you it is much less hassle. If perhaps you can get another couple to share with you too?

Phil