QM2 Captain

OceanMonarch

Difficult to say but possibly Captain Philpott who himself got married onboard one of the Queens recently. If not then Chris Wells. Only the captain can marry people so it’s unlikely your daughter will get the deputy as he/she would then have to be moved up to captain for the day. Congratulations to you daughter.

Difficult to say but possibly Captain Philpott who himself got married onboard one of the Queens recently. If not then Chris Wells. Only the captain can marry people so it’s unlikely your daughter will get the deputy as he/she would then have to be moved up to captain for the day. Congratulations to you daughter.

Captain Philpott is currently on board QM2 so it is likely that Captain Wells will have returned by July

Thank you guys. We do not know Captain Philpott but we have had the privilege of sailing on the QM2 with Captain Wells on several occasions - he has a great sense of humor and we loved his noontime stories.

I am sure both will make the occasion special.

Captain Wells was on in July 2016 when we renewed our vows at 30 years, we were very pleased, he stayed after the ceremony for cake and a drink, much better than when we renewed at 20 on a princess cruise. We also have the ship photographer create a album, which was very well done

123ea0f12645cfef08124f02d8e5e537.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Captain Wells was on in July 2016 when we renewed our vows at 30 years, we were very pleased, he stayed after the ceremony for cake and a drink, much better than when we renewed at 20 on a princess cruise. We also have the ship photographer create a album, which was very well done.

A lovely photograph - thank you for sharing.

We will also be asking the Cunard photographers to create a wedding album - something that we have decided we should not try to do ourselves. We are a group of 30+ so unfortunately we can not be accommodated in the elegant boardroom off the Commodore Club.

Captain Wells was on in July 2016 when we renewed our vows at 30 years, we were very pleased, he stayed after the ceremony for cake and a drink, much better than when we renewed at 20 on a princess cruise. We also have the ship photographer create a album, which was very well done

123ea0f12645cfef08124f02d8e5e537.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Forums

What a lovely photograph, thank you so much for posting.

• 3 weeks later...
Thank you guys. We do not know Captain Philpott but we have had the privilege of sailing on the QM2 with Captain Wells on several occasions - he has a great sense of humor and we loved his noontime stories.

I've never sailed with Captain Philpott, but like you we enjoy Captain Wells' noontime science lessons. And I enjoy the Sunday service when he does it. After a few readings, he'll say "Let's sing a hymn!" as if it was an idea that had just occurred to him, rather than the sequence of the service.

I think doing a wedding or vow renewal must be one of the more pleasant duties of a captain. Even some of the more reserved ones seem to open up a bit at those events.

I've never sailed with Captain Philpott, but like you we enjoy Captain Wells' noontime science lessons. And I enjoy the Sunday service when he does it. After a few readings, he'll say "Let's sing a hymn!" as if it was an idea that had just occurred to him, rather than the sequence of the service.

I think doing a wedding or vow renewal must be one of the more pleasant duties of a captain. Even some of the more reserved ones seem to open up a bit at those events.

Philpott is a very nice guy as well as funny. We've enjoyed a few cruises with him.

Look for the blue ensign flying...and chances are it will be Captain Wells.....an ex Royal Navy Captain

If the Blue Ensign is flying it will be Captain Wells as he is currently the only Cunard captain with service in the RN. (He was also a "nanny" to the ship as he was Cunard's representative at the shipyard during her construction!)

• 5 weeks later...

We got married by Capt. C. Wells 3 years ago. He is married to a northern German so he was prepared of us and switched part of the ceremony to "german" ;-) It was so personal and funny! The wedding was just wonderful and simply unforgettable!

Congrats to the happy couple! I am on that sailing as well so will send positive thoughts their way :)

Thank you so much. Some of the group have already received their Cunard travel documentation in the mail so we are getting very excited.

The bride-to-be and groom have decided to sail over by themselves on July 6th so they will find out who the Captain is a week early.:)