So let me get this straight (Another CHEERS! question)

17andacruiseaddict

Yes, it is still active. You get that debarkation day "morning" for free with the package, effectively.

This and I'll add that the coffee shop is open. Keep in mind you are in port so you will be hit paying sales tax.

unfortunately the bars are closed on the last day. We did a B2B and they told us they have to close out the registers from the last cruise. 10-11 was a very different time on the ship, only B2B and employees. We hung out in the Serenity area and a little after 11 we heard our names called. It was our bartender who knew us by name, folio # and what we drank. We said, "the bar is open"

I read somewhere that "all the drinks are doubles," but I'm skeptical of that. I think they were referring to cocktails. Can anyone confirm/debunk that?

Can I get away with buying drinks for others with Cheers? I'm aware of the rule: no sharing; but I'm daring like that ;-) I've been thinking of getting it to buy drinks for girls on my upcoming spring-break-time cruise, and I assume most of the spring-breakers won't have paid for unlimited drinks.

unfortunately the bars are closed on the last day. We did a B2B and they told us they have to close out the registers from the last cruise. 10-11 was a very different time on the ship, only B2B and employees. We hung out in the Serenity area and a little after 11 we heard our names called. It was our bartender who knew us by name, folio # and what we drank. We said, "the bar is open"

Well that breaks my heart...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

unfortunately the bars are closed on the last day.

Not according to Carnival's own website, yesterday at least. See my post here, where I copied directly off the FAQ:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=55433785&postcount=12

Now-dead link is/was:

https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1369/~/preparing-for-debarkation-day

The link used to say:

• Bar service is open at the main pool area and a designated bar on the Promenade Deck.

Curiously, the FAQ page no longer works. I wonder if they are changing the answer, and the old page had bad info...

nice

I just saw in your signature that you went on the Big Red Boat. I did too. It was my first cruise when I was 6. Just found that interesting because I've ran into plenty of people who have never heard of it.

My wife and I honeymooned on the Big Red Boat. I still have the brochure. It was an awesome time!:cool:

It's funny because I still learn something new when I peak in on these cheers threads

I agree. Even though my original question was answered, and some were irritated that I asked it to begin with, it helps others who might have also wanted to see that answer. I also like the fact that one question leads to another and everybody is getting information based off the one original question.

This shows why these boards are here. Cruise critic is a very helpful site.

I read somewhere that "all the drinks are doubles," but I'm skeptical of that. I think they were referring to cocktails. Can anyone confirm/debunk that?

Can I get away with buying drinks for others with Cheers? I'm aware of the rule: no sharing; but I'm daring like that ;-) I've been thinking of getting it to buy drinks for girls on my upcoming spring-break-time cruise, and I assume most of the spring-breakers won't have paid for unlimited drinks.

Per Carnival rules, and CC message board police, no, you cannot technical "buy" others drinks. But make sure you wait your 5 mins between drink orders, and if you decided you no longer want the drink you just ordered and handed it off to someone discretely........