Ronys tous Roatan

eddiebanks

I am looking at doing a Rony's private tour just so I can get to see the sloths, monkeys, and the birds. I am interested in seeing the school or orphanage. Has anyone done those and took donations. If so how can I find out what they need or would be most beneficial. Thanks so much for any help. Also on the private tour what would everyone recommend to see.

We are doing this tour next week and have arranged to go to the orphanage as well as visit with the local kids and we are bringing school supplies as well items that the orphanage needed.

We are also going to see the monkeys and sloths and possibly zip lining.

Contact Rony's as he will arrange for a private tour. I will report back after our trip.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I used Rony's two weeks ago in Roatan for a private tour -- unfortunately I cannot remember our driver's name.  He was good, but not great.  We did not visit an orphanage or school, as both my mom and I have spent significant time working with an organization that helps orphans and incarcerated youth in El Salvador and Honduras.  

We visited the Daniel Johnson Monkey and Sloth Hangout, the Iguana Farm, West End beach where we did a glass bottom boat, the chocolate factory/store and then a large souvenir shop.  We didn't have any desire to snorkel or sit on a beach, so it was kind of a challenge to figure out how to fill the day.  

Overall, I'm glad we used Rony's and would choose them again.  Our driver made several suggestions (i.e., the boat) that worked out well!