[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 10:26 AM.
Vancouver, BC
1,197 Posts
Joined Jan 2008
Originally posted by caribill
I have only purchased the DVD two times over the decades I have cruised on Princess, but both times it did have the scenes that had been shown on the cabin TV and on the monitors in the Photo Gallery area.

Yes, there were some portions that were obviously from a previous cruise, but these were activities that occurred the last day or two of the cruise when it was too late to include them in the completed current DVD.

It has been two years since my last purchase, so it is possible Princess (or the ship you were on) has changed how they actually put it together.

I agree with the others who suggested you contact Princess and make them aware of your disappointment with this purchase.
I have emailed - not to ask for any kind of reimbursement or refund but simply to ask that they listen to and pass along feedback about,what I felt, was false misrepresentation of their product. I would never have purchased it if I had known the activities that were in the final cut. I understand that some portions would be generic, but not to even have the current cruise director from the sailing is just laziness in my opinion - having some random cruise director narrating what was meant to be "my vacation" just added the icing to the cake! I will keep you posted as to whether I get a response...
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Tahitian Princess: Vancouver-Alaska-Vancouver 6/12/08 //Serenade of the Seas: Vancouver-Alaska-Vancouver 8/30/08//
Sapphire Princess: Vancouver-Alaska-Vancouver 5/16/09// Sapphire Princess: Vancouver-Los Angeles 9/23/09
Sapphire Princess: Mexican Riviera 9/26/10//Sapphire Princess: Vancouver-Alaska-Vancouver 8/11/12
Sapphire Princess: Los Angeles-Los Angeles 3/30/13//Disney Wonder Vancouver-Alaska-Vancouver 5/24/14
Grand Princess: Vancouver-Hawaii-Vancouver 3/22/15//Golden Princess: Vancouver-San Francisco5/09/15
Star Princess: San Francisco-Vancouver5/14/15//
Ruby Princess: Seattle-Vancouver9/13/15
Ruby Princess: Vancouver-Los Angeles12/15/15//Crown Princess: Vancouver-Seattle05/20/16
Carnival Inspiration: Long Beach-Baja05/23/16//Ruby Princess: Seattle-Vancouver9/18/16
Emerald Princess: Vancouver-Seattle 05/20/17//Emerald Princess: Seattle-Vancouver 09/24/17
Ruby Princess: Seattle-Vancouver 09/30/17//

Vancouver, BC
1,197 Posts
Joined Jan 2008
I just received the following response to my email to customer relations:

"Thank you for contacting Princess Cruises Photo department. We sincerely appreciate another opportunity to deliver the highest quality service to you.
We endeavor to respond to all customers within 3-4 business days, however, this may fluctuate during peak cruise seasons, weekends and holidays. In addition, cases may require further investigation so please be aware that some matters may take longer and your patience and cooperation is greatly appreciated.

Per your below inquiry, the ship has been contacted to urgently assist and they have advised that the basic Reflections disk was purchased as the events you are referring to below are only featured on the "Onboard Performance disc" which was part of the "Ultimate package".

the ship extends their sincere apologies for this inconvenience."

I did not ask for or expect any kind of refund or reimbursement, I simply wanted my feedback passed along - which it was. However, I am a little frustrated by the response from the photography department since I SPECIFICALLY asked which DVD I needed to purchase for the footage of the events I was interested in and was told that it was on the Reflections DVD. So while I give kudos to customer relations for responding so quickly, I have learned a valuable lesson regarding the photography department and will never be tempted to purchase the DVD again!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Tahitian Princess: Vancouver-Alaska-Vancouver 6/12/08 //Serenade of the Seas: Vancouver-Alaska-Vancouver 8/30/08//
Sapphire Princess: Vancouver-Alaska-Vancouver 5/16/09// Sapphire Princess: Vancouver-Los Angeles 9/23/09
Sapphire Princess: Mexican Riviera 9/26/10//Sapphire Princess: Vancouver-Alaska-Vancouver 8/11/12
Sapphire Princess: Los Angeles-Los Angeles 3/30/13//Disney Wonder Vancouver-Alaska-Vancouver 5/24/14
Grand Princess: Vancouver-Hawaii-Vancouver 3/22/15//Golden Princess: Vancouver-San Francisco5/09/15
Star Princess: San Francisco-Vancouver5/14/15//
Ruby Princess: Seattle-Vancouver9/13/15
Ruby Princess: Vancouver-Los Angeles12/15/15//Crown Princess: Vancouver-Seattle05/20/16
Carnival Inspiration: Long Beach-Baja05/23/16//Ruby Princess: Seattle-Vancouver9/18/16
Emerald Princess: Vancouver-Seattle 05/20/17//Emerald Princess: Seattle-Vancouver 09/24/17
Ruby Princess: Seattle-Vancouver 09/30/17//

League City, TX
40,173 Posts
Joined Sep 2005
Originally posted by ceilidh1
I just received the following response to my email to customer relations:

"Thank you for contacting Princess Cruises Photo department. We sincerely appreciate another opportunity to deliver the highest quality service to you.
We endeavor to respond to all customers within 3-4 business days, however, this may fluctuate during peak cruise seasons, weekends and holidays. In addition, cases may require further investigation so please be aware that some matters may take longer and your patience and cooperation is greatly appreciated.

Per your below inquiry, the ship has been contacted to urgently assist and they have advised that the basic Reflections disk was purchased as the events you are referring to below are only featured on the "Onboard Performance disc" which was part of the "Ultimate package".

the ship extends their sincere apologies for this inconvenience."

I did not ask for or expect any kind of refund or reimbursement, I simply wanted my feedback passed along - which it was. However, I am a little frustrated by the response from the photography department since I SPECIFICALLY asked which DVD I needed to purchase for the footage of the events I was interested in and was told that it was on the Reflections DVD. So while I give kudos to customer relations for responding so quickly, I have learned a valuable lesson regarding the photography department and will never be tempted to purchase the DVD again!
I suggest responding to Princess with the information in red above.
Columbia, Md
2,504 Posts
Joined Nov 2001
Originally posted by caribill
I suggest responding to Princess with the information in red above.
I second that although I would have requested a refund because I did not receive what I thought I bought.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Carnival Mardi Gras 4/1988
NCL Norway 8/1990
Carnival Sensation 8/1996
Carnival Sensation 4/9/2000
Carnival Paradise 2/1/2002
Carnival Triumph 1/31/2004
Carnival Paradise - 14 day Panama Canal 9/6/2004
Golden Princess 6/9/2012

Caribbean Princess 9/21/2013
Crown Princess - San Diego 2/2015
Grand Princess - Hawaii 2/2015
Royal Princess - 4/2015 B2B - TA/British Isles
Carnival Pride - 1/2016 B2B - Caribbean
Crown Princess - 10/20/2016 - 28 day RT Hawaii/South Pacific
Royal Princess - 4/19/2017 - 28 day B2B TA & Mediterranean
Crown Princess - 11/8/2017 - 10 day B2B Caribbean
Royal Princess - 12/30/2017 - 10 day Southern Caribbean
Golden Princess - July 7, 2018 Alaska with 6 day Denali Explorer land tour starting July 1
Golden Princess - Sept 23, 2018 - 20 day LA-Auckland
Golden Princess - Oct 14, 2018 - 8 day Auckland-Sydney
Royal Princess - Feb 2, 2019 - 49 day South America (FL-LA)