A Do Over Trip Report from the 5-7-17 Carnival Splendor

TeknikDC2

Then we walked down to check out the Straw Market. This is a big swap meet type area with hundreds of little booths selling the same things. I wanted to see if I could find some new sunglasses though so we stopped to check it out. I get some Fake Oakley’s on every cruise and this would likely be the only chance I would have to find some. Sure enough as we looked around I did find them. The guy wanted $35. I pretty much laughed at that as I wouldn’t pay that much. Especially since the Authentic Fossil Sunglasses I had were only $20. This guy wasn’t gonna let a sale walk away though so I finally got him to go to $15 for the Sunglasses. I’m really glad I decided to get them after all as my Fossil Glasses would end up breaking later on in the trip.

Day%203%20%28157%29.jpg

Day%203%20%28158%29.jpg

Day%203%20%28159%29.jpg

Day%203%20%28160%29.jpg

Day%203%20%28162%29.jpg

The Straw Market is so big that we actually ended up losing Logan and Elizabeth in it. We wouldn’t see them again until we were back on the ship.

We looked in a couple other shops before heading back to the ship. We stopped in a souvenir shop to find our traditional Postcard. I also bought a Bahamian Soda called “Bahamas Goombay Punch”. It’s a Coke product and it was kinda different. I honestly don’t know what I would compare it to. But if you like trying different sodas then give this one a try. It was good enough that I felt I didn’t waste my money. But I don’t know if its something I would buy again. We also stopped by the Carolohoa & Del Sol to look around. We got a free Bamboo necklace for each of us just for stopping in. So consider that for a free souvenir.

Day%203%20%28161%29.jpg

Day%203%20%28164%29.jpg

Day%203%20%28165%29.jpg

Day%203%20%28167%29.jpg

Day%203%20%28169%29.jpg

We finally decided to head back to the ship after looking at these shops. Since we still had a couple hours until our ship would be leaving there weren’t really any crowds going back to the ships. We got thru the checkpoint quickly and soon we were walking back along the docks to the Splendor.

Day%203%20%28170%29.jpg

Day%203%20%28171%29.jpg

Day%203%20%28172%29.jpg

Day%203%20%28173%29.jpg

Day%203%20%28174%29.jpg

We had a lot of fun in Nassau. I’m glad we went to Atlantis again. But again it was confirmation that I don’t think we will go back again. Even though this was our 3rd time here we still just don’t care much for it. We’ve done a city tour, we’ve gone to Atlantis, we’ve gone to Junkanoo Beach. Honestly when we go there again, which I’m positive we will since we love the Eastern Caribbean, I do believe we will stay on the ship and use it as a sea day.

Day%203%20%28177%29.jpg

Day%203%20%28180%29.jpg

Back on the ship we immediatelywent up to the Lido Buffet area to get some lunch as we were pretty hungryafter our day in Nassau. Today wedecided to try the Burrito Bar which was very good and one of my favoriteoptions on the ships. After Lunch wereturned to our cabin and found our first Towel Animal of the cruise. The kids loved it.

Day%203%20%28181%29.jpg

Day%203%20%28182%29.jpg

Lizzy was getting pretty crankyby this point and really needed a nap. So we put her to sleep and spent time playing game with Daniel, ironingclothes for tonight, and decorating the room and door.

Day%203%20%28183%29.jpg

Day%203%20%28184%29.jpg

Day%203%20%28191%29.jpg

Tonight would be our firstElegant Night and Lizzy slept right up until we had to go to dinner. With our late departure this would also beour first night with our actual Dinning Staff and dinning location. Our location couldn’t be more perfect. We had a wonderful view of the open oceanright next to a window on the 2nd level of the Dinning Room. Tonight was especially great as the Ocean waslike glass and the sunset amazing.

Day%203%20%28192%29.jpg

Day%203%20%28205%29.jpg

Kiera and I had our usualstarters before ordering Prime Rib and Lobster Tail for dinner. This is my favorite night of each cruise so Ialways order both lol. They were both asgood as I remembered them being.

Day%203%20%28206%29.jpg

Day%203%20%28211%29.jpg

As the sun continue to set it gotprettier and prettier outside. Kiera’sfamily were loving it as this was the first sunset at sea that they had everexperienced. By this point they werealready hooked on cruising. Just asKiera and I have been for so many years.

Day%203%20%28212%29.jpg

Day%203%20%28213%29.jpg

Day%203%20%28215%29.jpg

After dinner on our way back to the cabin to change out of our nice clothes we had to stop and get our traditional Elegant Night Dip Kiss. Kiera’s parents and Brother also got in on our tradition haha.

Day%203%20%28240%29.jpg

Day%203%20%28241%29.jpg

Day%203%20%28243%29.jpg

Day%203%20%28245%29.jpg

Day%203%20%28248%29.jpg

Back at the room We had a nicesurprise. Our room steward had turneddown the room for the night and he left a $50 Spa Gift Card for me to celebrateby Birthday in the coming days. This wasawesome. I don’t know if its somethingthey have always done or if its new as this our first cruise physically beingon the ship for a birthday (we missed Kiera’s by a week on our lastcruise). Still it was awesome andsomething that would get used later in the cruise.

Day%203%20%28249%29.jpg

Day%203%20%28265%29.jpg

Day%203%20%28266%29.jpg

At 10pm we returned to Club Oceanto pick Daniel up. He had so much funand didn’t want to leave. Upon leavingthough they gave him a straw. They evengave Lizzy one too.

Day%203%20%28267%29.jpg

Day%203%20%28270%29.jpg

Before going back to the cabin togo to bed Daniel wanted to see the Mini Golf Course so we took him up toit. It was kind of eerie with it so darkand nobody else around.

Day%203%20%28272%29.jpg

Day%203%20%28274%29.jpg

Day%203%20%28275%29.jpg

Day%203%20%28276%29.jpg

Finally we went back to our cabinto try and go to sleep. We would be inour second port of Half Moon Cay tomorrow. A port that we have never visited before. So we were very excited to get to see it. Ofcourse that meant it would be another early morning.

And with that I am now officially ahead of where the previous attempt at this trip report ended. From reboarding the ship thruout the rest of the night was all new content. Thanks for joining and reading this redo trip report. Its all new content now going forward. Thanks again.

Great trip review and photos! Very helpful. Our three generation family will be on Splendor this March. Different itinerary as we will be doing Mexican Riviera but the info on the ship is very helpful particularly as it relates to families with young children. We have ocean view quad rooms booked on Riviera Deck like you but farther forward. Children range in age 2- 7 years so really interested in your photos and comments on the Camp Ocean, water park and other family activities. Looking forward to your report on the Suess breakfast and activities. :D

That:s awesome. We did the Mexican Riviera for our very first cruise (linked in my signature below). Its what started our addiction. And honestly its the one cruise I would really like to do again knowing what I do now about cruising. The Splendor was great for the kids. I will get in to more of the activities we did for the kids further in the review obviously but they had just as much fun as we did.

TeknikDC2, loving your review, and am so happy you did a do over review! LOL.

Sailed on Splendor out of Miami in 2016, had some issues on that cruise, but still an over all great cruise, and loved the ship. Also still enjoy Carnival's food, your food photos are making me hungry now.

Your family is adorable.

Looking forward to more of your review.:)

Thank you. I'm glad I finally found some time to be able to come back and finish it. And even more importantly that I found a new hosting site for the photos. Eventually I will like to fix the images in all my past trip reports. Until then I guess the Photobucket Hotlink fix for Google Chrome will have to work for now.

Thanks to everyone who have commented. Please feel free to ask any questions you might have. I know this ship is no longer on this Itinerary but I am happy to help with any ship or port questions you might have. I'm already working on the Day 4 recap so I should have portions of it posted soon. Thanks again everyone.

I'm having such fun reading this review. We sailed the Splendor twice in 2012 but have been on a couple dozen other ships and a variety of cruiselines since then, so it is nice to be reminded about what we will enjoy this March when we sail her again I loved Splendor in 2012 and expect to love her again.

Your kids are absolutely adorable. Thanks for sharing your adventures with your family with the rest of us!

I am so happy to see you're doing a "redo" review of your cruise. I remember all of the issues created by Photobucket and the 3rd party photo hosting, that is really a shame. I did a few reviews and also used Photobucket, but I did not renew my membership when renewal was due. I'd have loved to have my pictures still showing but not at that price. I have followed along, and enjoyed, many of your prior reviews and happy to see this one back up and running again. I can't believe how big Daniel has gotten and glad to see he now has a little sis now...both are adorable. Again, thank your for taking the time and I'm looking forward to following along with the rest.

Day 4: Half Moon Cay

We were up a little early this day to prepare for our 2nd port of Call on this cruise. Today we would be at Carnivals Private Island Half Moon Cay and in 6 cruises this would be our first time visiting this port. We were excited to just have a beach day and to relax as much as we could with 2 kids running around.

The kids liked looking at the window this morning as the Tenders for the island were almost right below us. We went up and got breakfast and then returned to the cabin to get what we needed for the day on the island.

Day%204%20%282%29.jpg

Day%204%20%284%29.jpg

We then made our way down to the gangway to get on a tender. It didn’t take long at all and we waited long enough to get off the ship that there was no wait as well. The water around the island was beautiful. We knew we were in for a fun day.

Day%204%20%286%29.jpg

Day%204%20%289%29.jpg

Day%204%20%2811%29.jpg

Day%204%20%2814%29.jpg

Day%204%20%2815%29.jpg

I liked as we sailed in to the island that it was almost like a secret passageway to get to the dock.

Day%204%20%2816%29.jpg

Day%204%20%2818%29.jpg

Day%204%20%2819%29.jpg

It was a short walk to the main hub of the island. Here is where there were restrooms, some table shops, a bar, and also where you would meet for any shore excursions.

Day%204%20%2821%29.jpg

Day%204%20%2823%29.jpg

Day%204%20%2824%29.jpg

Day%204%20%2825%29.jpg

Day%204%20%2826%29.jpg

Day%204%20%2827%29.jpg

But we would be making our way to the beach where we would be spending most of our day. And the beach was absolutely beautiful. Although pretty packed. I don’t know if there is ever more then 1 ship at the island at a time but if there is I’d imagine it gets very crowded.

Day%204%20%2828%29.jpg

Day%204%20%2830%29.jpg

Day%204%20%2831%29.jpg

We made a left on the beach and walked almost to the end where there wasn’t as many people. This is also where the kids play area is located which is also why we decided to go to this area of the beach. Unfortunately for us though the kid playground and slides were closed for remodel. After getting some lounge chairs and our stuff situated the kids started to play in the water.

Day%204%20%2834%29.jpg

Lizzy had other ideas though as she decided to walk the beach. I followed her as we walked nearly half of the beach before I finally had her turn around to go back. She was having a good time just walking around and seeing what everyone was doing.

Day%204%20%2836%29.jpg

When we returned Daniel had found a new hobby of “Rock Hunting”. He was collecting all sorts of rocks that he could find. The Sand toys were also out which not only brought joy to the little kids. But the big ones too as they started making Sand castles.

Day%204%20%2837%29.jpg

Day%204%20%2839%29.jpg

Day%204%20%2840%29.jpg