Mr.Sancho's vs. Paradise Beach

travelling_txgal

After consulting the great folks on the boards here and extensive research we have narrowed it down to either Mr.Sancho's or Paradise Beach. So now I am seeking some pros and cons on both places to help with a definitive decision. Some things to consider for us:

• We are not big drinkers
  • A teenager will be traveling with us but she isn't into adventure seeking
  • Budget is somewhat open when it comes to the excursion in Cozumel (we know we will have to pay something to enjoy ourselves)
  • We'll be traveling in late May

At the end of the day I know it's up to us what we choose but I value the opinion of others who have actually been there, done that.

If you are not big drinkers the AI at Sanchos does not make sense - as good as it is it's hard to eat $50 worth of Sanchos food.

If comparing non-AI Sanchos with PB then IMHO Paradise Beach is the winner with better facilities, a HUGE pool, and more room to spread out, shade, etc. PB does charge $3 admission/chair rental; taxi to either will be about the same ($16-17 for up to 4 in the cab).

Good luck! :D

Paradise Beach is a bit more upscale in appearance. Their pool is awesome! Mr. Sancho's is nice and the AI feature is a plus if you plan to have a few drinks and eat. Both places have great staff and will take great care of you. From what you have described I think Paradise Beach would be more of what you are looking for.

I have it narrowed down to both of these as well. We are traveling with our kids who are 26, 22 and 20. I’m sure everyone will have a drink or two except me. Will both be crowded? Kids will definitely want to do some activities.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Sanchos is smaller and will be more crowded, but the AI option there may make more sense than running a tab for a bunch of 20 year olds at Paradise beach.

It's your call! ;)

Lol. The 26 year old makes six figures he’s buying his own drinks! They actually picked Paradise Beach[emoji4] It’s a good thing I don’t drink.

We are also headed there in May on the Freedom. We are celebrating my niece's graduation from vet school. (There will also be us moms.) I know we/they will drink, but I loved PB when we were there many years ago. Nothing like a relaxing day at the beach!

PB does not take reservations - show up and pay your $3 admission fee; the place is HUGE and even on a busy day (7+ ships) it is not full.

You can book the AI side of Sanchos in advance - about $50 per adult. Check their web site -- I would go with them over other independent operators who book Sanchos to ensure that you get in.

Having been to both, we much prefer Paradise Beach. Everything is beautiful, clean and in good repair. We were there with 5 ships in port and it didn't seem that crowded.

We will definitely visit PB again on our next trip to Cozumel.

Having been to both, we much prefer Paradise Beach. Everything is beautiful, clean and in good repair. We were there with 5 ships in port and it didn't seem that crowded.

We will definitely visit PB again on our next trip to Cozumel.

Does PB offer any activities besides the water toys?

• 2 weeks later...
The only negative about PB is you need water shoes walking into the sea.

This and the water toys are the only reason why is so hard for us to decide...Are there any places without rocks? It seem that there are lots of amenities but from the photos de beach looks like full of toys and rocks :confused: Thanks

Se my other suggestion for Playa Palancar - good luck!

We were in Palancar 3 years ago and loved it! But since December there are reviews saying that the beach lost half of the sand (erosed) :( And now the review are saying that there is almost no beach...That's why we are trying to decide between the others. Thank you for being so helpful!;)

This and the water toys are the only reason why is so hard for us to decide...Are there any places without rocks? It seem that there are lots of amenities but from the photos de beach looks like full of toys and rocks :confused: Thanks

I found a small area to entry the water w/o rocks right in front of San Francisco Beach Club. This beach club is side by side with Paradise.