Meal plan for cruise tour - Alaska

blue1978

DH and I are going on a cruise tour soon. We were wondering if is there a food plan for the land portion other than the Connoisseur? If so, how do we find more information about it? Thanks in advance for any information. Can't wait for our trip. :DM

Yes there is one. It is hard to find any information on it. From personnal experience we found it cheaper to just pay as we went. I believe it is somewhere areound $300.00 per day. But verify that number.

Yes there is one. It is hard to find any information on it. From personnal experience we found it cheaper to just pay as we went. I believe it is somewhere areound $300.00 per day. But verify that number.

Is that $300 per person, per day? Ouch! We've only done one land tour, but I know we didn't spend nearly that.

This is for last year but it should give you an idea:

http://mydeafcruise.com/data/documents/2016_AlaskaLandSeaVacations_MealPlanPackage.pdf

I just did a search on the web and found this. It wasn't from Princess's website but it looks real. Considering food is more expensive in Alaska, I don't think it is unreasonable.

Your agent can give you current pricing.

Edited by Coral

TA offered it to us. We are on a four night land tour. It was $299 pp for the four days. After checking lodge menus we declined. Thought $600 was a lot more than we would normally spend.

Chris

TA offered it to us. We are on a four night land tour. It was $299 pp for the four days. After checking lodge menus we declined. Thought $600 was a lot more than we would normally spend.

Chris

That's not so bad for all four days, but I think we would have declined as well. The casual places work fine for us.

For those who purchased their meals on their own, can you give us an idea of what you ended up spending? I'm just trying to see how it turned out. We'll be going in a couple of weeks and we're trying to decide what to do about this.

Thanks!

Haven't gone yet but looking at menus we anticipate for the two of us about $25 per day for breakfast and $75-$80 per day for dinner. Lunch will probably be snacking (fruit,etc) as that is what we normally do. So about $400-$450 for four days. Problem is I am Gluten Free and meals usually have a $2-$3 extra charge.

Chris

I booked a $279 per person meal plan this week for our four night Alaska land tour in July of 2018.

I booked directly with Princess and the Princess rep told me that it was for four breakfasts and three dinners in restaurants that she named that were located at the lodges.

At first I thought that was kind of high, but I decided to do it because it's not like staying in a city where you have a lot of other options within walking distance. And we won't have a car, either. Very rarely there are times when I am willing to pay a bit more for the convenience factor, and but I decided to splurge and make this one of them.

I went back and looked at the menus from the restaurants she named and, sure, you could get a sandwich or a burger there, but I thought it wasn't a bad deal for the included appetizer, main course, dessert, tea or coffee, tax and gratuity., and, of course breakfast each morning. Be aware that prices in Alaska are can be higher than in the lower 48, as well.

You are on your own for lunch, but a big breakfast usually takes us through to an earlyish dinner.