Pullmantur Horizon...Great Cruise

bill21

I have just finished a Horizon cruise and have posted my review (should be posted in the next few days).

I've received some great information from fellow Pullmantur cruisers ....so just hoping to give a little back...if I can. Feel free to ask any questions you may have and i'll be glad to answer if i can.

The ship's interiors looked really good. The furniture and carpets seem to have been new or recovered. Overall the ship is looking sharp. Crew seem to be always touching up the exterior paintwork. It looks like the ship has need in dock recently for a minor inside face lift. Like yourself I had a very good cruise. Have even booked another Pullmantur cruise.

Sent from my HUAWEI LYO-L01 using Forums mobile app

The ship's interiors looked really good. The furniture and carpets seem to have been new or recovered. Overall the ship is looking sharp. Crew seem to be always touching up the exterior paintwork. It looks like the ship has need in dock recently for a minor inside face lift. Like yourself I had a very good cruise. Have even booked another Pullmantur cruise.

Sent from my HUAWEI LYO-L01 using Forums mobile app

Thanks, any photos of the interior?

Just back from Pullmantur Horizon Canary Island cruise ex Santa Cruz de Tenerife 01st April, posted review, waiting to be published. I am a travel consultant with quite a bit of cruise ship knowledge and I have to say the Horizon exceeded all my expectations for the price paid. Wonderful staff, especially those that served our table in the main dining room, table 30,

Great sized inside cabin grade F, deck 5.

Good food

Basic drinks package is sufficient

Excursions well run

Entertainment in main lounge was very poor but in other bars, the musicians were excellent.

Please drop Agadir from the itinerary, fellow passengers of all nationality, felt the same.

Too pushy to sell the upgrade drinks package.

Other than that it was superb.

Highly recommended

Just back from Pullmantur Horizon Canary Island cruise ex Santa Cruz de Tenerife 01st April, posted review, waiting to be published. I am a travel consultant with quite a bit of cruise ship knowledge and I have to say the Horizon exceeded all my expectations for the price paid. Wonderful staff, especially those that served our table in the main dining room, table 30,

Good food

Excursions well run

Entertainment in main lounge was very poor but in other bars, the musicians were excellent.

Please drop Agadir from the itinerary, fellow passengers of all nationality, felt the same.

Highly recommended

We were on the same cruise. Boarded in Las Palmas on the 31st Mar. Had a wonderful cruise and overall agree with the comments you expressed, especially dropping Agadair from the cruise itinerary.

• 2 months later...

Hello. I took Pullmantur for the first time last February and sailed the Canaries and Morocco. I enjoyed the Agadir excursion into Marrakesh. It took about 11 hours and was wonderful! The tour guides were very helpful, the scenery was beautiful, and my tour mates were very friendly.

• 2 months later...
We were on the same cruise. Boarded in Las Palmas on the 31st Mar. Had a wonderful cruise and overall agree with the comments you expressed, especially dropping Agadair from the cruise itinerary.

If they drop Agadir they are not allowed to sell Dutyfree anymore!!!!

Good food

Excursions well run

Highly recommended

1) How are the shows, entertainment and activities?

2) Would an English speaker enjoy all the above?

3) Is it compulsory to prepay the daily gratuities ? ($98 per person for a 7 night cruise)

Thanks

We have been on Pullmantur three cruises. two on the horizon. We enjoyed the shows. Abba, Rock thru the ages, and ballet type show. No point going to the comedy. The deck games were fun to watch....I did win a beer drinking game.....
After reading a lot of negative reviews on CC, I was wondering if it's worth spending $1218 for 2 in an inside cabin, for a 7 night Dubai round trip on Horizon Edited by drsel

I have just finished a Horizon cruise and have posted my review (should be posted in the next few days).

I've received some great information from fellow Pullmantur cruisers ....so just hoping to give a little back...if I can. Feel free to ask any questions you may have and i'll be glad to answer if i can.

We will be on the Horizon next month and would like to know if they supply facial tissue/kleenex and if there are any issues about flushing toilet paper. I am asking because we were on the Zenith last year and tissues were not supplied and we were advised against flushing toilet paper. Thanks.

Omg! Can’t agree with you more. Agadir needs to go! We did this cruise this past year and loved it so much were doing it in March 2019!!!

Pullmantur rocks!!!

Good food

Excursions well run

Highly recommended

Omg! Can’t agree with you more. Agadir needs to go! We did this cruise this past year and loved it so much were doing it in March 2019!!!

Pullmantur rocks!!!

As MarkPenang said, the entertainment is VERY POOR compared to Royal Caribbean and the other cruise lines

Can’t compare Pullmantur to Royal. They’re not trying to be like them. While partially owned by them they are separate. They have an amazing niche market and handle it very well in my opinion. While entertainment wasn’t as great or in English in some cases. It was still tolerable. We had an amazing time.

As Mark said, the entertainment is VERY POOR compared to Royal Caribbean and the other cruise lines

Can’t compare Pullmantur to Royal. They’re not trying to be like them. While partially owned by them they are separate. They have an amazing niche market and handle it very well in my opinion. While entertainment wasn’t as great or in English in some cases. It was still tolerable. We had an amazing time.
Agreed that Royal Caribbean entertainment is excellent. But if the entertainment on Pullmantir was just tolerable, how come you had an amazing time and loved it so much?

I am sure there were other things that made the cruise amazing, like the food, the itinerary, the staff etc etc. The entertainment is only one aspect of cruising.
For me, the free entertainment is the main attraction of a cruise; because I can always do much better (and more detailed) sightseeing on a land tour and get the best of food even in my hometown