Britannia Club - price change

warringtonian

I booked two Club cabins last December for a voyage in April 2019 at a cost of £2,499 each. Now I find that Cunard are selling them at £2,199 each. Quite a reduction? My travel agent contacted Cunard who said that it was "fluid pricing" and there was nothing they could do.

It is the risk you take I am afraid and fluid pricing is nothing new with cruise and land based holiday companies has it has been happening for many years. Dont think you would be contacting your TA if the cruise had sold well and the price increased to complain that you were not paying enough.

I try never to revist the pricing once booked as it can make you grin like a loon if its increased but can if its dropped make you grimmace

Had the same thing recently when booking - for weeks was one price then the day I booked the price had gone up by circa £20 per person.

So booked it rolling my eyes and kicking myself for not doing it earlier.

2 days later I didn't follow my “dont check” policy and checked - of course now had dropped back to the original price so I felt cheated out of £80 by Cunard - made be a bit angry but life is too short

However will now ask the room steward for an extra pair of slippers before we check out!;)

I booked two Club cabins last December for a voyage in April 2019 at a cost of £2,499 each. Now I find that Cunard are selling them at £2,199 each. Quite a reduction? My travel agent contacted Cunard who said that it was "fluid pricing" and there was nothing they could do.

Sorry to hear this, but 'welcome to the Club' !

If it's any consolation, almost everyone who posts on this board has been a member of that exclusive club. ;)