Elbow Beach Resort Day pass Question

Michele035

Heading out on NCL's Escape in August. Would like to do a day pass at Elbow Beach resort. I know I can do it on the resortsforaday.com website. I am finding that very expensive. I thought I read you can just taxi out to the resort and buy it there on site. Has anyone done this before? Don't want to head out to the resort and pay for taxi if you can't do it at the resort. Thanks for the help.

• 1 month later...

We did this last year and contacted Elbow Beach directly We had stayed there years ago and mentioned that in our request. The cost per person was $100.00. Since we had stayed there previously, we were seated with hotel guests. We were asked to not use our Celebrity beach towels and to "hide" them. We received the same excellent service which included cool towels and very quick drink requests as well as cold water. It was costly as we did take a taxi from the dockyards. It was a beautiful day and a highlight of the trip.

We did this last year and contacted Elbow Beach directly We had stayed there years ago and mentioned that in our request. The cost per person was $100.00. Since we had stayed there previously, we were seated with hotel guests. We were asked to not use our Celebrity beach towels and to "hide" them.

Sounds like someone might be taking money under the table.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No, it was official. They told me that they did not want it to be obvious that we were cruise passengers when we were sitting in the guest area. There was an area further down the beach where cruise passengers were located. We only got this treatment because we were past guests of the hotel. They did not get the luxury beach towels or the service.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

No, it was official. They told me that they did not want it to be obvious that we were cruise passengers when we were sitting in the guest area. There was an area further down the beach where cruise passengers were located. We only got this treatment because we were past guests of the hotel. They did not get the luxury beach towels or the service.

ba7cb55cb8f696c429c69c64d1718c86.jpg. Elbow Beach View

That makes sense. If I was a hotel guest, I would not want to share the guest area with cruise passengers or anyone who was not a hotel guest.

We went to Elbow Beach 2 years ago. At that time, we were able to purchase a day pass at the beach level - I believe it just to the left as we came down the stairs. The pass included 2 chairs and an umbrella. We were seated in the "cruise passenger" area, but no real difference than the guest area. We had plush towel covers on our chairs and drink/food service was quick and efficient. We went to Coco Reef the day before and the cost of both resorts was quite comparable. Only real difference was that umbrellas at Coco Reef were on a first come basis so no guarantee of shade; the chairs at Coco Reef were much more spread out; and we had to walk up to pool level for food and drinks

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 1 month later...
Can anyone here tell me if I did the elbow beach day pass is there anything for my 2 teen boys to do besides swim?

from Resorts for a Day:

Your Resort for a Day Experience:

Your Resort for a Day pass includes use of the beach at Elbow Beach Resort, a lounge chair & umbrella. Resort for a Day guests have access to Mickey's Bistro, which is Bermuda's only bistro on the beach and offers lunch and drinks in a casual ambiance with full beach service.

Based on the description above, I would say no, but maybe your boys could snorkel.

SBtS

from Resorts for a Day:

Your Resort for a Day Experience:

Your Resort for a Day pass includes use of the beach at Elbow Beach Resort, a lounge chair & umbrella. Resort for a Day guests have access to Mickey's Bistro, which is Bermuda's only bistro on the beach and offers lunch and drinks in a casual ambiance with full beach service.

Based on the description above, I would say no, but maybe your boys could snorkel.

SBtS

Thank you!👍🏻

Just out of curiosity... how much would a transfer (taxi?, bus?) be from Royal Navy dockyatd to this resort? It looks beautiful!!

The recommended way to go there is to take the Blue Route ferry (Hamilton<>Dockyard) to Hamilton (fare $4.50 token p/p) and then a taxi from the Front St taxi stand to the Elbow Beach Resort. The taxi fare would be about $12 plus tip for up to 4 paxs , Mon to Sat travel; about $16 plus tip for 5 to 7 paxs.

SBtS

Last year we did Resort for the Day twice. First day they sold guest passes to walk-ins, second day they didn’t. We were able to buy food from the waiters, and it was delivered in a plastic bag. We took cabs both ways - it was about $70 each way for 4. Going back to the ship, it was very hard to get cabs. I think it took an hour each time; the drivers that dropped us off were not interested in picking us up.

• 4 weeks later...

We went in August 2016. I remember that we bought the day pass in advance, and I thought it was directly with the Elbow Beach Resort. [Can't recall the price, but when compared to ship excursions, it seemed within line to me].

As I recall we took a bus to the beach area, and then we taxied back. The only reason we taxied back (I think) was because we tired of waiting for a bus.

IT WAS QUITE A DAY. In fact, it was the most memorable beach day of my life. But then, I am from the Midwest and my ocean days have been limited over the years. [Waves were great and the weather was very cooperative for us].

There was a restaurant right there on the beach (Mickey's, I think) and it was really good. The bill was hefty, but that was our fault. We could have gotten by with a reasonably priced lunch if we hadn't been in the 'vacation mode'.

We dedicated the entire day for this event. One of the nice pluses of cruising to Bermuda is that you are docked there for several days and you don't have to worry about rushing around to get back to the boat.

I really think you will enjoy Elbow Beach Resort (Day Pass). I hope to go to Bermuda again and repeat it all. [but then, we just have to hope that Mother Nature cooperates with the weather].