Drinks in cabin

carlucci40

Depends on how much soda you want to drink, really. Bear in mind, though, that a few years ago some of the lines banned bringing beverages onboard - period (I know NCL did, and I'm pretty sure Royal did as well....aside from the allotted bottles of wine with a corkage fee). So, PLEASE check with the cruise line before you assume you can actually just do this.

That being said, my boyfriend and I are pretty big soda drinkers. I've sailed on NCL and Royal; he's only done Royal. We generally opt for the all-inclusive beverage package when we sail, either by grabbing it as a "Free at Sea" perk on NCL or by stalking the Royal website and snagging it for 20-30% off. We've calculated what the price needs to be for it to be of value to us. If we can't get that package at a good price, we will at least purchase the soda package. It's literally just soda, and on both NCL and Royal, it's $8.50/person/day. We will easily drink that, particularly if we're paying for each alcoholic beverage we consume.

Even if we were allowed to bring our own (and it used to be an option), we still wouldn't. We feel the package is worth it because we don't have to lug a case of soda with us through embarkation, then lug it around until staterooms are available. Plus, we don't have to run to our room every time we want a soda - we can simply waltz up to any bar or order it directly from the waiter at meals. Sometimes, convenience is the value.

Does NCL offer canned drinks onboard at all? I’ve got the beverage package, but I’ll need a Pepsi when I first wake up and don’t want to have to go down several floors and across the ship just to find a cafe or bar!

You can pay oop for cans in the minibar.