Drink Package On Sale?

Do they normally run a Special at certain times of year for the drink Package? Just asking because yeaterday while on the phone with RC they asked if I wanted the special for the drink package for a cruise Next April.

I purchased mine at the Black Friday sale in November, for my September cruise, this was the lowest it had been at $41, plus tax. I then cancelled for the 4th July offer of $39 plus tax. Book, then watch like a hawk!

Do they normally run a Special at certain times of year for the drink Package?

There's always some special going on, it's just that some specials are more special than others. You have to keep checking the planner, there's no certain time to look.

As Biker says, there is always a special going on. Some of the specials are as special as other specials. As an example, last week’s special was a much better special than this week’s special but probably won’t be as special as the specials they have on Black Friday. This special day is probably the most specials and therefore the best special.

But between nowand then we will see even more specials being advertised and claim to be the best specials.

I purchased mine at the Black Friday sale in November, for my September cruise, this was the lowest it had been at $41, plus tax. I then cancelled for the 4th July offer of $39 plus tax. Book, then watch like a hawk!

This!

I booked my cruise on the Liberty of the Seas in May for 9/2/2018 sailing. The cheapest I have seen the Deluxe Beverage Package since then is $45/pd/pp + 18% gratuity. I have seen 3 different prices with this being the lowest. I have also booked 2 RCI excursions - I have seen 2-3 different price each for my excursions.

Right now all three are at their lowest price. I am wondering if it is in response to Amazon's Prime Day Sale....?

In any case - I would book when you see a price that you are willing to pay and then keep looking. If you see a lower price between now and your cruise it's easy enough to cancel and repurchase. I have cancelled and repurchased both my excursions to lower my price.

Hint - 1. while the charge shows up immediately on my credit card, the credit does take a few days (I find this to be the case in retail stores on land as well). 2. If you decide to cancel all together I think there is a time frame (like 3 days before cruise) where it will show up as a credit on your credit card or it will show up as OBC.

2. If you decide to cancel all together I think there is a time frame (like 3 days before cruise) where it will show up as a credit on your credit card or it will show up as OBC.

You get locked out of your cruise planner 3 days out (so you can no longer cancel online), after that you can cancel on the ship for OBC.

My husband and I have never purchased the "drink package". Is it worth it? It will just be us 2---no kiddos--- so we do plan to have some good ole "adult time" and have adult beverages every day..... What is included in the drink package? He drinks beer, i do not... i like wine, frozen drinks (MIami Vice), Malibu/pineapple- girly drinks like that...are those inlcluded? Thanks for your input!!

My husband and I have never purchased the "drink package". Is it worth it? It will just be us 2---no kiddos--- so we do plan to have some good ole "adult time" and have adult beverages every day..... What is included in the drink package? He drinks beer, i do not... i like wine, frozen drinks (MIami Vice), Malibu/pineapple- girly drinks like that...are those inlcluded? Thanks for your input!!

Basically every drink on the ship that is under $13 is included. Wine, beer, mixed drinks, frozen drinks, specialty coffee, water, soda, fresh OJ.

Above $13 you just pay the amount over $13 plus gratuity on the amount over.

Almost all my rccl cruises have had a special , my oasis cruise in a few months currently is 45 a day price can go up or down, paid 41 on last cruise which was the best price we ever had.

I sail on Oasis in just under 6 weeks and it hasn't gone below $47/day since I booked :(

$47 is less than full price. Wait until you get on board and see what they are charging there! :o

I know it's at least $60+/day, so I realize the $47 is a savings. I understand the daily price varies across different ships, but it still stumps me that it can vary so much on just one ship, ex. Oasis

Basically every drink on the ship that is under $13 is included. Wine, beer, mixed drinks, frozen drinks, specialty coffee, water, soda, fresh OJ.

Above $13 you just pay the amount over $13 plus gratuity on the amount over.

It is12 dollars on most ships at least the ones we have taken, I believe oasis andnewer it is 13

Thank you for the info. Turned out the specail they told me about was just for ships leaving out of Florida not NJ.

But I will keep an eye out .

As Biker says, there is always a special going on. Some of the specials are as special as other specials. As an example, last week’s special was a much better special than this week’s special but probably won’t be as special as the specials they have on Black Friday. This special day is probably the most specials and therefore the best special.

But between nowand then we will see even more specials being advertised and claim to be the best specials.

I asked the Agent from RC if they could call me when the "Special, Special" Was on for the drink Pakage and he said He could not do that. And I said, Well you email me everyday with your "Cruise Specials" Why not for the Drinks and Dinning "Specials" Just dead air over the phone.

I guess some "Specials are just more Special than others.

Yes, as most have said.. Most ships are $12 per drink max or $13 depending on what ship you go to... and you just pay the difference + 18% grat if you get something that's over your max per drink.. We sail this Friday (Yay!) and it's the first time I've bought the package and I did the simple math.. If you drink 4, $12 dollar drinks a day (or a mixture of drinks, soda, juice, etc), you will be in the Black. I don't remember what I paid for my package, but it's right about $38 to $40 per day. I am not a hard core drinker, but I can put them back and that shouldn't be an issue... and I can even make up for my wife lol.. Any type drink you can think of (and even the ones you've listed) will be available for less then $12.. Unless you ask for all top shelf whiskey's in them, so you may have to bite the bullet and have a couple more a day to break even, darn lol... A Malibu Bay Breeze won't be $12 and glasses of most wines are under or at the max level of $12 or $13, respectfully; and bottles of beer are anywhere between $5 and $8ish per bottle.

You can also search these boards and I'm sure someone has posted a price list of each drink on your ship.. and also remember, you get everything (vice some coffee's) included in your package - fresh squeezed juices, soda, water bottles, virgin drinks, etc., so IMHO, the drink package is SOOO worth it.. You most definitely don't have to drink like a fish to, at the least, break even.. Oh, one more thing. I'm sure it's the same or almost the same on all RC ships, but you also get a discount on bottles of wine with the drink package.. I get 40% off bottles that are $100 or less, and 20% off (I think) if they are over $100.. So, you also get deals beyond just your day to day (or hour to hour lol) drinks you get...

I'll bet you had a bowl of Special K for breakfast this morning!

My cruise is at the end of November and they keep sending me emails about the specials they are running. So far most of them have been $42 a day. I am waiting for it to get to under $40 and then I will jump on it. Since this is a 10 day cruise the drink package is going to be pretty expensive but well worth it for me.

I believe they do charge your card right away, because I have seen people mention that when they cancel and re-book at a lower package price, the credit doesn't come back on your card as quickly as they charge the new price, so you are left double-paying for a short time before the refund arrives to your acct. I know you can use OBC for excursions, not sure about dining packages.

My cruise is at the end of November and they keep sending me emails about the specials they are running. So far most of them have been $42 a day. I am waiting for it to get to under $40 and then I will jump on it. Since this is a 10 day cruise the drink package is going to be pretty expensive but well worth it for me.

$42 is a good price. If that is too much for you to want to get the drink package for a 10 day cruise I certainly understand. However, be aware it might not ever go below this price and might increase. If you are willing to pay $42/day if it never goes down I would purchase it now and then cancel and repurchase if it goes lower.

I believe they do charge your card right away, because I have seen people mention that when they cancel and re-book at a lower package price, the credit doesn't come back on your card as quickly as they charge the new price, so you are left double-paying for a short time before the refund arrives to your acct. I know you can use OBC for excursions, not sure about dining packages.

Last time we sailed on the Oasis I purchased the drink package on board, and I used my OBC to pay for it.. so I am just deciding what to do. I don't go to the specialty dining.. and not planning on doing any excusions..