New Cunard Drink Package

phantom5777

Just received a promotion for new bookings that includes a drink package. According to the Cunard website Q&A section, they offer a coffee card and wine package. I contacted my travel agent and she says it is for ANY beverage up to $12. Are we safe to assume alcohol, wine, coffee, tea, soft drinks?

Anyone know for sure?

Ok, I'm in the USA but cruise is in 2018 from Hamburg. Baltic cruise. Does it include ALL beverages priced up to $12 each? Are you still charged the 15% s/c?

Thank you for your replies!

We had drinks package last Xmas in PG & it included all drinks up tp $13( alcohol,juice,.coffee, soda etc )

15% was not charged. You cannot order a bottle of wine but can get unlimited glasses under price limit..

The prices appeared on your daily staenent but disappeared overnight.

I assume the drink package includes beverages in the mini-fridge?

I would very much doubt that unless the passengers were travelling in Queen's Grill when they'd get the fridge contents and two bottles of wine/spirits of their choice, 'free' anyway..

Vannerhawk summed it up correctly. We were in PG in June and received this free drinks perk. It included just what Vannerhawk wrote about, but not the drinks in the fridge. Just about all the servers were very flexible and clever about meeting our drink needs within the $12 limit. We enjoyed our beverages. Oh, and we have the same deal on our upcoming October crossing, and are looking forward to it.

seems totally unfair that the offer is not available for cruisers in the UK who have already booked QG suites or are thinking of booking in the future. Surely it is only right that Cunard should have the same offers wherever you book your cruise.

seems totally unfair that the offer is not available for cruisers in the UK who have already booked QG suites or are thinking of booking in the future. Surely it is only right that Cunard should have the same offers wherever you book your cruise.

This is another case of double standards, unfortunately. United States cruising booking conditions imho are far more customer focused than the UK. Whatever the price is when we book, is the price we are stuck with, no reduction for us if the fair subsequently goes down for new bookings. In the US, I understand they just phone the cruise line and the new price is honoured.

This is another case of double standards, unfortunately. United States cruising booking conditions imho are far more customer focused than the UK. Whatever the price is when we book, is the price we are stuck with, no reduction for us if the fair subsequently goes down for new bookings. In the US, I understand they just phone the cruise line and the new price is honoured.

Just to clarify: in the US, if the fare goes down, yes - passengers can obtain that reduced price PROVIDED that it is not past final payment date. (Final payment date varies, depending on voyage but most often it is 120 days prior to sale date.) Also, many special offers state that no further price reductions may be made, and that deposit is non refundable and due within (usually) three days. Some special offers require non-refundable payment in full at the time of booking

I believe UK posters have mentioned special offers that they availed themselves of - and those offers were not available to North American passengers.

Salacia

Just to clarify: in the US, if the fare goes down, yes - passengers can obtain that reduced price PROVIDED that it is not past final payment date. (Final payment date varies, depending on voyage but most often it is 120 days prior to sale date.) Also, many special offers state that no further price reductions may be made, and that deposit is non refundable and due within (usually) three days. Some special offers require non-refundable payment in full at the time of booking

I believe UK posters have mentioned special offers that they availed themselves of - and those offers were not available to North American passengers.

Salacia

In the UK once we have booked the cruise we pay a deposit of 15% of cruise price if booked before final payment day and does not matter how far in advance we book our deposit is non refundable if we cancel and if price of cruise comes down we cannot access that new price. The only option we have if it is financially advantageous is cancel and lose your deposit and then book at the new lower price.

Hi,we live in UK for a few months a year and can access that website when there.We can access CP from abroard though.I was responding to the sarcastic suggestion that a UK resident should book via US website,which is impossible unless done via a US TA maybe,cheers,Brian.

• 2 weeks later...
You can't,we live in Italy and we can't access cunard uk,even though we type it in.Cunard only recognises your location online.

Download "Tunnel Bear"

Tricks the target website that you are from a selected country.

I.e. - target UK location UK - tunnel rom ;). Simples

Long free useage

Vannerhawk summed it up correctly. We were in PG in June and received this free drinks perk. It included just what Vannerhawk wrote about, but not the drinks in the fridge. Just about all the servers were very flexible and clever about meeting our drink needs within the $12 limit. We enjoyed our beverages. Oh, and we have the same deal on our upcoming October crossing, and are looking forward to it.

How did you go about getting this offer. Was it offered to you or did you have to ask.