Wow! A lots changed in a year!!!

rinakop

I want to surprise our daughter with a cruise this summer for her college graduation. I called NCL direct and the woman who answered was horrible. I am used to NCL peeps being happy and helpful. Whats the deal? As I was talking to her she really couldn't help me. I want the Haven, out of NYC, 2 rooms for myself, DH and daughter and another room for my married older daughter with our first grandchild (1 year old), I told her we are Gold Lattitude members. It would be $8600 for each room to Bermuda on Escape in June 2018. Wow! I remember in 2014 getting 3 Haven rooms (and one was a family 2 bedroom haven suite) for everyone and it was $17,000. I know they are big numbers. Work hard and play hard is our mantra. My DH and I last year booked an inside cabin on Breakaway and it was ok. Usually they will do anything to get you something you like. Tell me I am not crazy.

I must be missing something.

Three Haven cabins, one a 2br family suite, were $17K. So average was $5,666 per cabin. Now just two of the smaller cabins are $8600 each. Even without knowing 2014 itinerery or sail date I think it's significantly more. About a 50% increase.

ETA: From context of OP I'm assuming they are currently pricing two penthouse suites. Hopfully she can clarify.

I want to surprise our daughter with a cruise this summer for her college graduation. I called NCL direct and the woman who answered was horrible. I am used to NCL peeps being happy and helpful. Whats the deal? As I was talking to her she really couldn't help me. I want the Haven, out of NYC, 2 rooms for myself, DH and daughter and another room for my married older daughter with our first grandchild (1 year old), I told her we are Gold Lattitude members. It would be $8600 for each room to Bermuda on Escape in June 2018. Wow! I remember in 2014 getting 3 Haven rooms (and one was a family 2 bedroom haven suite) for everyone and it was $17,000. I know they are big numbers. Work hard and play hard is our mantra. My DH and I last year booked an inside cabin on Breakaway and it was ok. Usually they will do anything to get you something you like. Tell me I am not crazy.

Have you checked out the website yourself? Maybe she was quoting the most expensive cruise of the year? Different months, time of the year, etc will be different.

I would never call and trust any numbers prior to doing some research myself first. Also if a cruise is almost sold out it will cost more than an off week that is not as full. Check some different dates.

yes, prices do go up and down, but some of this has to do with the class of ship and the sailing time. High season, newer mega ships; more bucks, not to mention inflation.

As for the agent that wasn't so helpful or friendly: stuff happens, not all are people we would love to work or play with, and some just have bad days.

That's about in line with what we paid for our 2 H6 rooms, $8200/room in July. I agree it seems pretty high but Bermuda is in high season from May-October. There also isn't nearly as much competition as there is for the Caribbean which might have some effect on pricing.

I’m confused- the title says a lot has changed in a year, but the other cruise was 4 years ago?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP was referring to their cruise last year in an inside cabin.

I agree with the OP, prices have gone up!! We don't book Haven or suites but usually a balcony or two insides where kids have their own room. And we cruise during spring break which is generally higher. We cruised on the Epic last March and had two inside cabins for four people for $3200 (that price includes taxes and drink package for 2 adults and 2 kids soda package). Got darn near the same deal on Escape this March ($3,000 for a balcony for four including taxes and drink package for me and my husband). I'm looking at the same week next year on the Getaway or Bliss and it's $1,700 more!! Yikes. Maybe I just got great deals on the last two cruises.

Good luck!!:)