Carnival - so what drinks/food are free?

paulfoel

Alcohol not too bothered. Confused about soft drinks though which kids will drink tons of....

Food. Again, premium restaurants not too bothered - kids wont care. (and I can get a steak in Orlando before/after the cruise). Is the "free" food ok though? Only doing 3 days cruise so I guess theres plenty of choice to last this long?

Soft drinks are never "free", or rather, included with your cruise - only non bottled water, lemonade, iced and hot tea, hot chocolate and non specialty coffee. During breakfast hours, they will have juices - orange, guava, etc

If your kids want soda, look into the Bottomless Bubbles program which will allow unlimited soda. Keep in mind that you will have to get each child one as they are not allowed to "share"

The food included with the cruise is actually pretty good - Lido buffet, Main Dining Room, room service and the 24-hour pizza/sandwich station. Kids will like the 24 hour ice cream/froyo dispenser

Soft drinks are never "free", or rather, included with your cruise - only non bottled water, lemonade, iced and hot tea, hot chocolate and non specialty coffee. During breakfast hours, they will have juices - orange, guava, etc

If your kids want soda, look into the Bottomless Bubbles program which will allow unlimited soda. Keep in mind that you will have to get each child one as they are not allowed to "share"

The food included with the cruise is actually pretty good - Lido buffet, Main Dining Room, room service and the 24-hour pizza/sandwich station. Kids will like the 24 hour ice cream/froyo dispenser

This, plus Guy's Burgers and Blue Iguana Burrito/Taco bar if you happen to be on a ship that has these are also included (and they also have a deli and BBQ place on many ships). If your kids drink at least 3-4 sodas a day then Bottomless Bubbles will save you money.

You did not mention what ship you are booked on. Here are some food items (venues) included with your cruise cost. Guys Burger,Blue Iguana Cantina,Seaday Brunch,Mongolian Wok,Burrito Bar. For a complete list you could visit Carnivals web site, under Explore, hit dining icon. You'll find What venues, food, cost if any and what ships the venues are on. Have a great cruise.

There is plenty of complimentary food; you will not get bored of your options and it is delicious. Beverages are limited to juices in the AM, iced tea and lemonade PM, coffee, hot tea and water all day.

For the sodas, each person can take on a 12pk of canned soda with you. So if it's 2 kids, mom and dad, you can take on 48 sodas with you and buy more in ports if needed.

That's a LOT of soda for a three-day cruise.

• 4 weeks later...

We learned a trick the last 3 cruises we've done. On Carnival each cabin has it's own mini frig. We order drinks from the "Fun Ship Shops" pre cruise for a 7 day cruise we get 2- 6 pack sodas and bottled water it's delivered to your cabin. We used to do the "bottomless bubbles" but found out that it did not become cost effective. Mainly by the large upcost since it began. By buying the sodas delivered to our cabin we would save about $60. each cruise. If the frig is not empty we ask the cabin steward to empty it for us.

You can bring your own but it is a pain, for you must carry it on yourself. Plus unless you have FTTF, a suite or platinum or diamond level you won't be able to get to your cabin until 1 pm.

Hope this helps.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app

For me, I would only consider bottomless bubbles maybe if they had a freestyle Coke machine. The choice and convenience makes the big price tag easier to swallow. Other than that, for under $10, we bring in 2 12 packs. A can of soda from the fridge is my preferred type of soda anyways.

• 1 month later...
We learned a trick the last 3 cruises we've done. On Carnival each cabin has it's own mini frig. We order drinks from the "Fun Ship Shops" pre cruise for a 7 day cruise we get 2- 6 pack sodas and bottled water it's delivered to your cabin. We used to do the "bottomless bubbles" but found out that it did not become cost effective. Mainly by the large upcost since it began. By buying the sodas delivered to our cabin we would save about $60. each cruise. If the frig is not empty we ask the cabin steward to empty it for us.

You can bring your own but it is a pain, for you must carry it on yourself. Plus unless you have FTTF, a suite or platinum or diamond level you won't be able to get to your cabin until 1 pm.

Hope this helps.

We were in Imagination, I don't remember our cabin having a fridge. Could we have totally overlooked it??? Also, what do you mean by asking the cabin steward to empty it? Did you mean throwing away extra sodas? I agree with you about not bringing our own soda cans onto the ship. We barely used any. I was once able to bring a can into the Main Dining and poured it into one of the wine glasses, but that was pretty much the only time I drank a soda outside the cabin. But, how would that be different from having the soda cans delivered to your room? Wouldn't you still have to carry them for each meal to the buffet, dining, or any restaurant? Need advice for a wishful 2nd cruise. We did however purchase bottled water before the cruise which was already delivered to our cabin when we checked-in. We accidentally hit 2 packs when ordering online (about $9) so we were given 24 bottles for 2 for 3 days!!! One pack was good because we could bring a bottled water to the hot tubs, etc. and, just to drink at night or anytime in our cabin.

Hope this helps.

We were in Imagination, I don't remember our cabin having a fridge. Could we have totally overlooked it??? Also, what do you mean by asking the cabin steward to empty it? Did you mean throwing away extra sodas? I agree with you about not bringing our own soda cans onto the ship. We barely used any. I was once able to bring a can into the Main Dining and poured it into one of the wine glasses, but that was pretty much the only time I drank a soda outside the cabin. But, how would that be different from having the soda cans delivered to your room? Wouldn't you still have to carry them for each meal to the buffet, dining, or any restaurant? Need advice for a wishful 2nd cruise. We did however purchase bottled water before the cruise which was already delivered to our cabin when we checked-in. We accidentally hit 2 packs when ordering online (about $9) so we were given 24 bottles for 2 for 3 days!!! One pack was good because we could bring a bottled water to the hot tubs, etc. and, just to drink at night or anytime in our cabin.

No every cabin on Carnival has a mini-fridge. They are all now empty on embarkation, there are no more mini-bars.