Aldi power board

I just purchased one of these this morning. Was wondering if cruiselines allowed these or if it was off to the naughty room for me.....

I liked that it had 2 standard Aussie power point sockets and then 4 USB points, plus the connectors and a travel bag.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Other items I picked up included the $40 noise cancelling headphones & the travel locks.

They had travel safe bags for $20 but I had just brought a similar pacsafe one for close to $100. Not happy!

There luggage sets look good. Plenty of people at my local store before 9am getting a "bargain" travel buy.

I just purchased one of these this morning. Was wondering if cruiselines allowed these or if it was off to the naughty room for me.....

I liked that it had 2 standard Aussie power point sockets and then 4 USB points, plus the connectors and a travel bag.

I’ve used one on numerous cruises (Celebrity, P&O, Cunard, Princess) and emailed Princess details and got an official, “OK”.

Other items I picked up included the $40 noise cancelling headphones & the travel locks.

They had travel safe bags for $20 but I had just brought a similar pacsafe one for close to $100. Not happy!

There luggage sets look good. Plenty of people at my local store before 9am getting a "bargain" travel buy.

I have a safety backpack that was around $45 and it does an excellent job, it is pick pocket and slash proof.

I had to hand mine in on my last Explore of the seas cruise. Security at the Overseas Passenger terminal in Sydney told me it can differ by ship, which is a little frustrating.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yes, unfortunately it does really depend on the security staff for each ship. Have not heard of any issues with the Aldi one before though.

Exactly what we do, charge up the phone, etc, just in case the bags don't show up until late afternoon/evening.

Charging the chair is sometimes my biggest concern, especially on X where I can’t get to my cabin straight away.

The additional USB points can be important as nothing says "argument" like finding out your phone you had on charge had been replaced by someone else's iPad!

Went to check out the power pack. Brisbane get it as it was quite heavy in comparison to a normal one. I know it had additional USB points but still too heavy.

Heavy? I don't think it's heavy. But what do you consider a "normal one"? Remember you are getting a powerboard, adaptors and a nice little carry case. We've been using one for a couple of years and love it.

Edited by OzKiwiJJ

these are back in their catalogue, I know they’re popular with cruisers.

Thanks for the heads up. I'm now the proud owner of the Aldi/Bauhn Universal Travel Kit.

Cheers,

Johhno.

Went to check out the power pack. Brisbane get it as it was quite heavy in comparison to a normal one. I know it had additional USB points but still too heavy.

You do know though that it has adapters for multiple country outlets, you can leave all but one at home.

Thanks for the heads up. I'm now the proud owner of the Aldi/Bauhn Universal Travel Kit.

Cheers,

Johhno.

Pleasure, I know they’re popular and handy, and hard to get sometimes,