Alaska honeymoon

efisher

Hello everyone!

My husband-to-be and I are planning our Honeymoon for after our wedding, July 2019. I have been on a few cruises (7 Celebrity and 2 Royal) and have taken him on one Caribbean cruise aboard the Equinox (which he loved).

We are late-twenties and have backpacked for extensive periods of time together and plan to do more backpacking in the future. SO, to us our honeymoon is a time for us to actually RELAX and have an incredible trip together- so what better than an Alaskan cruise!

I am having a hard time deciding on which itinerary we like the best. We prefer to leave from Vancouver because we want to spend some time in Tofino the week prior to boarding the ship. There is a 7-night aboard the Millenium and a 7-night aboard the Eclipse.

Now, I am leaning towards the Eclipse because we will be getting AquaClass and the Persian Gardens are beautiful with huge windows. I want to plan for us spending some time indoors due to the weather (but fingers crossed for great weather!)

I know the Millenium's Persian Gardens are not set up the same with the windows.. but it is going into Drydock next February.... so it will be beautifully re-done!

For those who have experience in Alaska... do you have any thoughts on my predicament?

I like the itinerary of Millenium better because it is 1-way to Seward and we can spend a few days at the end and travel up to Denali. But the Eclipse is a beautiful ship I feel more suited for us being younger....

Alaska cruises tend to be port intensive - and often with nice scenery while not in port, so itinerary is more important than the ship IMHO. I would opt for the better itinerary and definitely spend at least a couple of days on land in Alaska after the cruise - there is so much to see in Alaska and you only scrape the surface on a cruise. Such a beautiful area.

As you said the Milleium will be revolutionized, it has the itinerary you prefer, it has Aqua Class and it gives you the opportunity to do a post cruise trip to Denali. Yes Persian Garden isn’t as nice, but who knows what it will be like after the updating.

We like the M Class ships as well as the S Class and for Alaska we would go with the updated Millenium and the better itinerary.

Ok, I already recommend the one way itin 99.9% of the time, and with what you explained about yourselves, it’s a 100% recommendation for the one way. I know the ship is older and not as nice, but the scenery and hiking opps will make up for it. You’ve gotta get to Denali! Alaska sailings in general have more and more younger people on them. Congrats on your engagement!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I’d go for the places you want to go over the ship. Millie is getting a makeover anyway so it will look brandspanking new. Congrats! We leave tomorrow for our 2 week 15th anniversary Alaskan adventure onboard Millie!