2018 Labadee Adult Sandbar and Amiga Island Trip Reports

I did a search for reviews of Labadee adult sandbar and Amiga Island trips and wasn't able to find any recent trip reports. Does anyone have feedback on either of these to share from 2018? We've always used Labadee as a "free" day, but wouldn't mind shaking things up a bit. However, for the cost, $53 for sandbar and $63 for Amiga Island, I'm wondering if it's worth it. From what I understand, you're only at the sandbar for an hour. If anyone has any recent reports, changes to the trips that may have been made or anything else to share, I'd appreciate it.

I am looking into this as well. I was looking at both those but think we may just stick to the Sandbar one (and then do some time at the Aqua park for my little one) .... trying to find reviews though.

I appreciate that you are after a recent review of either of these excursions but as there is only one reply, I thought I would answer.

We visited Amiga Island in June 2016 and it was fantastic. They only took about 20-25 of us over there and there were plenty of chairs, lounges and lots of shade for everyone. We went over in the morning and were back around 1pm in time for lunch.

DH and I absolutely loved it and if we go back to Labadee, would have no hesitation in returning. The island itself looks like a castaway island out of the movies.

• Like 1

I appreciate that you are after a recent review of either of these excursions but as there is only one reply, I thought I would answer.

We visited Amiga Island in June 2016 and it was fantastic. They only took about 20-25 of us over there and there were plenty of chairs, lounges and lots of shade for everyone. We went over in the morning and were back around 1pm in time for lunch.

DH and I absolutely loved it and if we go back to Labadee, would have no hesitation in returning. The island itself looks like a castaway island out of the movies.

Thanks for your response!

So essentially, was the experience the same as the main part of Labadee (lounging on the beach / swimming), albeit a smaller group with a more intimate setting?

Thanks for that reply. Its s shame the time would be so short there. The lunch on Labadee isn't something that couldn't be missed. Too bad they don't do what they do for the cabanas on CocoCay and order a lunch they could deliver.

I just got back from Labadee and bought the Sandbar Island excursion. Wasn’t their fault Seas were high and Sandbar Island wasn’t there but we all were a bit disappointed when they took us to Amiga island because it wasn’t planned so we had no loungers or beach chairs and were there for only a hour,so be prepared if Seas are high

Edited by rooster1961
spell errors

Thanks for your response!

So essentially, was the experience the same as the main part of Labadee (lounging on the beach / swimming), albeit a smaller group with a more intimate setting?

Yes however they don't do lunch on Amiga Island (or at least they didn't when we went). You booked to go over there in either the morning or the afternoon and you have lunch in Labadee.

We took the morning excursion and it was fabulous. We were back in Labadee about 1pm from memory.