Multiple Excursions Timing Question

jpike7279

I am looking for some advise as to the timing of being able to do some different activities in Cozumel. I have always just scheduled excursions through the ship before, so this is my first shot at scheduling them independently.

I have signed up for a 10:00 Dolphin encounter at Chankanaaband plan do do a little swimming and lunch there afterwards. I would like to also do the Joy of Chocolate tour at Discover Mexico. The Chocolate tour says it starts at 1:00 and says it is generally a three hour tour. Has anyone done the Chocolate tour and is it really 3 hours? Do they do the chocolate first or tour the park first? I am worried about being back on the boat in time.

Thank you in advance for any help or insights.

What ship are you on? Port times on itinerary? And are this Coz times (Eastern Standard-all year) or embarkation port times depending on time of year you cruise (Eastern Daylight or Central Standard)? Note: Central Daylight is same as Eastern Standard.

What ship are you on? Port times on itinerary? And are this Coz times (Eastern Standard-all year) or embarkation port times depending on time of year you cruise (Eastern Daylight or Central Standard)? Note: Central Daylight is same as Eastern Standard.

I am on the Pearl and will be in Cozumel on Dec 21st. My itinerary from NCL states 8:00-5:00.

• 3 weeks later...

I am not sure but I think the chocolate tour at Discover Mexico is through Kaokao. It sounds like the 3 hours includes tour of Discover Mexico (although I thought you self-guided?) so I guess it depends what the itinerary is. If you plan to book direct you could write and ask, they have always answered my queries promptly.

https://discovermexicopark.com/experiences1/cacao-workshop/

Alternatively since you are on Pearl you will probably dock at Punta Langosta and it may be just as easy to write to Kaokao directly and see what time you could get a tour at the factory, if you are not interested in the rest of the park at Discover Mexico. You could get a taxi directly from Chankanaab to Kaokao and then one back to the ship.

http://kaokaochocolatefactorytour.com/

they have a tour at 1pm and it says it lasts 90 minutes.

I haven't been to Chankanaab but I have heard there is plenty to do there and personally if I had paid the entrance fee I think like John says you might be better to just make a day of it there and save the chocolate tour for another time.

• 2 weeks later...
I am not sure but I think the chocolate tour at Discover Mexico is through Kaokao. It sounds like the 3 hours includes tour of Discover Mexico (although I thought you self-guided?) so I guess it depends what the itinerary is. If you plan to book direct you could write and ask, they have always answered my queries promptly.

https://discovermexicopark.com/experiences1/cacao-workshop/

Alternatively since you are on Pearl you will probably dock at Punta Langosta and it may be just as easy to write to Kaokao directly and see what time you could get a tour at the factory, if you are not interested in the rest of the park at Discover Mexico. You could get a taxi directly from Chankanaab to Kaokao and then one back to the ship.

http://kaokaochocolatefactorytour.com/

they have a tour at 1pm and it says it lasts 90 minutes.

I haven't been to Chankanaab but I have heard there is plenty to do there and personally if I had paid the entrance fee I think like John says you might be better to just make a day of it there and save the chocolate tour for another time.

Thanks. That sounds awesome. I think my boys will enjoy that.