Is reconstruction of the Long Beach Dome finished?

SadieN

What are they doing? I've heard about this but not sure its scope. Hopefully it alleviates the priority check-in and security line mess. I think LB is the worst port for both embark and debark. Although Vancouver a couple months ago embark was a nightmare with three ships. It took over three hours to get on-board.

PS. I think you're a Dawg?!? I don't remember which cruise(s), maybe Spirit 2008/2011

The construction will drag on for some time. They are making wholesale changes to the building interior on the ground floor. It will make it easier to distribute bags to departing passengers on the ground, while allowing new pax to wait inside on the second deck. They are still pouring concrete inside, so it will be awhile before completion.

Just went through last weekend......still construction.....though the check in computers are inside now......looks like it will be a while yet.

Thanks! Check in has been split for a while. Early outside, and over 20 inside. Sometimes they’ll close down the outside ones.

What are they doing? I've heard about this but not sure its scope. Hopefully it alleviates the priority check-in and security line mess. I think LB is the worst port for both embark and debark. Although Vancouver a couple months ago embark was a nightmare with three ships. It took over three hours to get on-board.

PS. I think you're a Dawg?!? I don't remember which cruise(s), maybe Spirit 2008/2011

San Pedro seems to be worse. We’ve learnt to arrive after the doors open. Alleviates lots of headaches.

Yep, a Dawg. Spirit Thanksgiving 2009, 9 day out of San Pedro. Seen several Dawgs on cruises over the years.

• 1 month later...

Last month security said it should be finished by January 8. Hope it is, we are on the Jan 12 sailing on the Inspiration. Hopefully it’ll be done by the time Splendor gets here.

Parking will be horrible until the new parking structure is built.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 3 weeks later...

It is not completed yet, total completion won't be done for a little while longer, maybe weeks. The new side for embark should be ready to go sometime next week. New system of check in went into effect yesterday. Some bugs need to be ironed out, normal. There were lines yesterday from about 12:30 until about 4:00. All check in was done outside yesterday because of the new system and the terminal not being ready for it. When it is totally implemented it should run very smooth and quick.